Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

MONTH 6 — Show Your Progress Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MONTH 6 — Show Your Progress Here

Please use this TOPIC to share your progress.
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Decided to give appliqué paper a go this month. It’s a bit more difficult to sew but gave me smoother curves, better corners and it held the fabric firm while stitching. Have not used it before so hoping when washed the paper softens up. Procrastinating over the sharp long snowdrop pieces. Any hints/ tips?
    jen spoke about needles getting bends in them, I have included a picture of mine.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
      Editing a comment
      I am going to tackle the snowdrop pieces today so hope to have something to share on the LIVE Friday June 7.

• Sheridan D. commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Barbara. I was thinking of waiting to see what the embroidery was like in coming months to see if the ends could be hidden under the embroidery. Looking forward to the next video, probably not live
      Last edited by Sheridan D.; 06-02-2024, 08:52 AM.

• Sheri W. commented
      Editing a comment
      I LOVE the black additions to your piecing. They really attract attention and look great.

I'm all done! When I start ....I just have to finish! I took some advantage of my embroidery machine for the embellishments and decided to employ some nursery rhythm's , I guess that's a cheat, but further enhances the scrappy nature of this design... On the other hand virtually all of the blocks were sewn by hand. I put them together on the machine.

Comment

• Helen W. commented
      Editing a comment
      Amy, Your quilt turned out wonderful. The whimsy of the nursery rhythms is so darling and shows your creativity. Excellent job. Having the BOM done the first week of June is incredible. Are you
      planning on quilting it yourself? HelenW

• Sheri W. commented
      Editing a comment
      Really fun embroidery choices. It looks great!

"Pick a Petal" sounds like an invite to a ladybug picnic, so I painted some ladybugs on my finished blocks.

Comment

• Helen W. commented
      Editing a comment
      Laurelomac, Super cute lady bug idea. Your french knots look great too. I like the realistic
      looking flowers. HelenW

• Susan C. commented
      Editing a comment
      Your blocks are lovely!

I wish the patterns for the appliqué work were broken down into smaller pieces!

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
      Decided to give appliqué paper a go this month. It’s a bit more difficult to sew but gave me smoother curves, better corners and it held the fabric firm while stitching. Have not used it before so hoping when washed the paper softens up. Procrastinating over the sharp long snowdrop pieces. Any hints/ tips?
      jen spoke about needles getting bends in them, I have included a picture of mine.
      Sheridan, You might take a look at Show 701 Nancy Brown doing needle turn on pet portraits. She draws the shape on the
      top of the fabric and only cuts a small seam allowance section at a time, leaving a larger piece to hold onto. She likes John James
      sharps size 10 for a needle. I liked Barbara's idea of just curving the points to make them a little more rounded and easier to deal with. HelenW

CLICK ON PHOTO TO SEE IT MUCH BETTER

Comment

THANKS for all the work you do to make the BOM run smoothly. Your LIVE presentations are always so well organized.
        Never would have thought that you get nervous before you do them. And you are the Top Gun of The Quilt Show.
        HelenW

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, Helen! Maybe I am the Maverick of TQS.

This is rows top and bottom. It's a mixture of hand applique and machine applique.
        JET

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
          Editing a comment
          I love your red bird!

• Sheri W. commented
          Editing a comment
          Beatuiful choices of colors. Fun and whimsical. Nicely done!

So I have been busy, but enjoying all the posts. I wanted to make my quilt larger, so as I mentioned before I used some of the designs from Becky Goldsmith in her 100 Whimsical Appliqué designs for extra border and of course more of the other blocks. Center is sewn, but others sewn in pairs(appliqué). I look forward to the embroidery embellishments and probable will add many more to the enlarged appliqué border. I just had to lay them all out to see the design. So pleased and happy with them. I probably will more some around and start some basic appliqué stitching on”Becky’s” border. A few birds will also be appliqué in future. This is ALL Hand pieced. Will plan on some big stitch quilting as well. I have saved some of the neutral fabrics for a scrappy binding. Not sure of backing yet.
        I can see my appliqué has improved since last years BOM. That quilt will be entered in our county fair in August.
        Thanks Barbara for all your tips. Becky for the designs. Now off to view the recommended embroidery shows for more ideas.
        Linda H
        Happy Quilting 

Comment

• Helen W. commented
          Editing a comment
          What a fabulous looking quilt. Love the double applique border idea. You have the Australia look of
          Jen Kingwell with the whimsy of Becky Goldsmith and it works perfectly together. HelenW

• Debcap commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh My Wow I'm in awe what a beautiful quilt I love it Can I get designs from Becky Goldsmith in her 100 Whimsical Appliqué I'm new to all this and this can you tell me where to get them please your work is so lovely

Working on my 4th log cabin border. Decided to do way more hand embroidery than I originally was thinking about doing.
        Probably would have been easier to do it before attaching the borders. Doing that with the 4th one. Having fun.
        It will be fun to see what Alex is going to do for the hand embroidery. She said she would be helping Barbara on
        that part of the quilt. HelenW

Comment

Flower power! I’m saluting the 60’s with mod flowers for my appliqué round. The embroidery is going to be fun. I’m substituting two alternate blocks for the corners and these are Jen Kingwell’s “Utah” block.
          Susanne

Comment

• Helen W. commented
            Editing a comment
            Susanne, Love the Utah block. I had to look it up. Looks really hard to sew. When you said it was
            Jen's block, I then thought OK templates and hand stitching. It certainly fits in. Your flowers look great too. I am loving how everyone seems to be going off in their own creative directions. HelenW

My June appliqué is ready. Can’t wait to do the embroidery!

Comment

I finished the applique of the second border and I'm looking foreward to start with the embroidery
            Quilting forever, Housework whenever! 

Comment

Working on the next border after the log cabin border. Blocks are not posted in any order, just laying them
              down as I do them for now. HelenW

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
                Editing a comment
                Your blocks are so colorful! Love it.

• Laurie F. commented
                Editing a comment
                Beautiful work, Helen! Loved your appliquéd butterflies and swirls, too!

All finished and I love it!

Comment

• Helen W. commented
                Editing a comment
                Beautiful work. Love your appliqué flowers!!! HelenW

• Sheri W. commented
                Editing a comment
                Just lovely! I like your flowers too. They fill up the background nicely.

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2298 users online. 496 members and 1802 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,286  
            Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
            X