Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

MONTH 5 -- Show Your Progress Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MONTH 5 -- Show Your Progress Here

Please use this TOPIC to share your progress.
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Hoping to get all the applique done by the end of May. Here is what I have so far.
    HelenW

Comment

• Alice commented
      Editing a comment
      Love the butterflies too. I can look at the photo many times and each time I’ll find something interesting and beautiful on the 4 butterflies! Can’t wait to see it when it’s done!

• Helen W. commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks ladies for the compliments. The butterflies come from Catherine Redford's book Butterfly
      Stitches. I just pulled scraps of fabric that would go with the blocks I have made. I only know
      a few hand embroidery stitches, so I am hoping to learn a few new ones from Alex in her Magic
      Garden Gnome wall hanging. Don't need another project to start, but figured I could do it with
      left over flannel scraps from my Homeward Bound After Dark quilt from last year. The flannels
      actually look a lot like wool. HelenW

• Paola B. commented
      Editing a comment
      Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

Done
    Susan Skeel
    Des Moines Iowa

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, you’re fast! What method did you use?

I used needle turn applique
    Susan Skeel
    Des Moines Iowa

Comment

• Susan C. commented
      Editing a comment
      sewskeel, beautiful! did you add a seam allowance to accommodate the needle turn appliqué?
      Thanks for your help!

I love to applique, and for this time I use needle turn applique by hand, using freezer paper for the templates.
    Quilting forever, Housework whenever! 

Comment

Still a work in progress and enjoying the needle turn appliqué after many many years of not doing any.

Comment

Finished now. My needle turn is a bit rust but hopefully more practice will help. Any one got any tips for smoother edges around tight curves?

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
          Editing a comment
          A narrow seam allowance, like 1/8”, and close stitches.

• Helen W. commented
          Editing a comment
          Sheridan, Becky Goldsmith says it really helps if you finger press the stitching line all the way around
          the shape before you start needle turn. HelenW

Finished! I changed a few of the flowers and leaves. I used freezer paper, starch, and then machine appliquéd. I normally do applique by hand, but since I did machine quilting on the outer border pieces and the flower blocks from last month, I decided to keep the same method!

Comment

I machine appliqued the flowers for month 5. They certainly liven up the log cabin blocks. I still have 4 month 3 blocks to finish. I continue working on the fan units. So glad you had us start on them, Barbara. They take awhile and it is nice to have them to work on at my pleasure. The blocks are not strategically on my design wall yet! Boy do the like colors show up in a picture!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1116 users online. 206 members and 910 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,210   Posts: 155,002   Members: 25395   Active Members: 1,530  
          Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
          X