Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

MONTH 4 -- Show Your Progress Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Month 4 Done!!! Now I am planning a butterfly border. HelenW

Click on photo to enlarge

Comment

As always, Helen, your creativity shines through.

Comment

• Helen W. commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Monique...This color palette has really got me out of my comfort zone. A friend that just
        visited from Colorado looked at it and said "I have never seen you use pastel colors in the 20
        years I have known you. " HelenW

Your color use is beautiful Helen!

Comment

I love these low volume log cabin blocks. For sure will do them again in another project.
        I have hand pieced mine. I am planning to enlarge the quilt so I am making another border of these blocks before adding the arch blocks. It comes to 52 blocks total and a made a few more. The next thing was what to but into these blocks. I decided to use a book from Becky Goldsmith -100 Whimsical Applique Designs: Mix & Match Blocks to Create Playful Quilts from Piece O' Cake Designs

I am taking the flowers, probably a few birds and using them in those blocks. I am not doing the flower pots and maybe adding or subtracting for some of the designs. I am using many scrap pieces and so far I am pleased with the results.

Advice- as the next few months will be appliqué, for those doing hand appliqué I strongly encourage you to watch Becky’s YouTubes regarding her tips. They are excellent. I am always trying to improve my appliqué. I have about 15 blocks done and they are great to pair with evening TV movies. I also look forward to Jen’s embroidery touches and will probably and that to these blocks in future.

** I did not trim down my log cabins, they are close to 8.5” unfinished. With appliqué sometimes the block shrinks so will trim them to correct size when completed. Just something to think about as you finish these blocks.
        Linda H
        Happy Quilting 

Comment

• Helen W. commented
          Editing a comment
          Linda, I too love Becky Goldsmith's you tubes about applique and hand stitching. Those birds in
          that book are darling and so whimsical. I am going with butterflies for my applique, from Catherine
          Redford's book, Butterfly Stitches. Another round of log cabin appliqué blocks is a perfect way to
          grow the quilt. HelenW

• Monique G. commented
          Editing a comment
          The brightness of your appliqué will really stand out in this block. I love it. Everyone is coming up with some great ideas to make this quilt their own. I love the twists and turns we see in the forum.

I have my log cabin blocks around the centre block and placed block 1 and improvised block 2 in the second round. I believe I will do another gold border around the outside of this block with some embroidery in that border. I'm starting to like these African prints a little more than when I started.So far this quilt is measuring 63" square

Comment

• Vesta C. commented
          Editing a comment
          Monique G
          I have a bolt of black solid and some beautiful Australian Aboriginal prints tucked away waiting for inspiration…..you just gave it to me!!! Your quilt makes my heart beat fast.

Vesta

• Helen W. commented
          Editing a comment
          Monique, Absolutely fabulous looking. You have done a masterful job of taking the bones of the
          quilt pattern, and making something that rings true to the fabrics you are using. Could not be more beautiful. HelenW

Made the log cabins using bright colors instead, this way I can add crescents to keep the secondary pattern (circles) also skip tiny pieces appliqué

Comment

• Helen W. commented
          Editing a comment
          Alice, I love all the thought you have put into your quilt. Very harmonious.I like the way you turned the log cabin blocks so you got a triangle from 2 red/pink sections and 2 green sections together.
          Then putting the crescents on the log cabin blocks ties it all together. This is the first BOM I remember
          where everyone is just going off in their own direction. I just love it. HelenW

• Alice commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Vesta!
          Thanks Helen! I’m thrilled that you can see what’s in my head… Didn’t expect to find my hobby at my age haha, but honestly spending time in my workroom is the best time each day!

• Monique G. commented
          Editing a comment
          Alice, I love what you have done with your quilt pieces. The added secondary patter is outstanding!

Ready for month 5. Can’t wait for appliqué and embroidery. Still missing 5 of month 4 blocks but all outer fans done.

Comment

My first block of the month and I’ve just completed all the log cabins. I’ve made the next row of pieced blocks and nearly finished the final border so keeping up ready to start the appliqué on the log cabin border.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1476 users online. 431 members and 1045 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,209   Posts: 154,989   Members: 25384   Active Members: 1,512  
          Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
          X