Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

MONTH 11 -- Ask Questions Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MONTH 11 -- Ask Questions Here

Please ask questions about Month 11 here.
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Could log cabin units be done using strip piecing method?
    Susan Skeel
    Des Moines Iowa

Comment

Once again, I’m confused by Sarah’s numbers
      for each color to make 8 cabins you need to cut
      32 walls
      16 windows, window tops and window bottoms
      8 doors an door tops

Susan Skeel
      Des Moines Iowa

Comment

• lehab375 commented
        Editing a comment
        That's what my instructions say. I'm not sure what you're looking at that says anything different than that. The only issue is that there are 4 of the second color so there are a total of 12 doors - 4 and 8. There are also 24 windows - 8 and 16. I just put mine into those piles so each color house had their own stack of windows and doors.

Linda

• Donna M. commented
        Editing a comment
        You are making 12 cabins, 8 are Cabin A and 4 are Cabin B. There are four walls in each cabin, so 8 x 4 for the Cabin A is 32. There are two windows so 2 bottoms and 2 tops. 8 x 2 for Cabin A and 4 x 2 for Cabin B. There is one door per cabin, no math needed there.

On page 5 I think there are 2 errors? Underneath Diagram 8 the sentence says "Stitch a 1" x 2" cabin wall...." There is no 2" cabin wall. It should be 1.5"
      And
      The sentence giving us the 4.5" x 4.5" cabin dimension should come after the sentence telling us to stitch on the roof

Such small pieces, but so stinking cute cabins!
      Carol in SW Michigan

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
        Editing a comment
        I am teaching in Houston now. I will look at it next week when I’m home

• Paola B. commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree Carol. There is a discrepancy between the cutting instructions on page 2 and the sewing instructions on page 5 for the wall of the cabins. on page 2 is states for Cabin A bottom of window 1" X 1 1/2" while on page 5 the sewing for the cabin wall it states " Stitch a 1" x 2" cabin wall piece to the bottom of these strips". There are no 1" x 2" wall pieces.

• Donna M. commented
        Editing a comment
        I concur. Also, rather than calling every little piece "cabin wall piece" it would be easier to call them top of door, top of window and bottom of window. Suggest you all take a look at Barbara's Blog on making the cabins. She has an excellent diagram of all the parts and how each unit needs to measure. It cleared all this up for me.
        https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com/20...-month-11.html
        Last edited by Donna M.; 11-06-2023, 09:09 AM. Reason: clarifying my response

Originally posted by sewskeel View Post
      Once again, I’m confused by Sarah’s numbers
      for each color to make 8 cabins you need to cut
      32 walls
      16 windows, window tops and window bottoms
      8 doors an door tops
      This is for Cabin A, there are 8 of these & they are the same color
      Cabin B has different numbers and there are 4 of these cabins

I hope this helps
      Carol in SW Michigan

Comment

Originally posted by donnamc View Post
        Suggest you all take a look at Barbara's Blog on making the cabins. She has an excellent diagram of all the parts and how each unit needs to measure. It cleared all this up for me.
        https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com/20...-month-11.html
        Thank you, Donna! That is why I put so much time and effort on the blog posts and LIVES for BOM.
        Barbara Black
        Huntsville AL

Comment

• Paola B. commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree! Without Barbara's Blog and all the useful measurements when sewing the sections of each cabin I would not have been "successful". Thank you Barbara. They were little treasures!

This isn't a question, but a tip. I remember my longarmer saying when a top has a lot of seams on the outside edge, do a stay-stitch all around the edge. That helps the seams from popping open.
        I am getting ready to sew the month 11 borders on and noticed each corner star on my center did have a popped seam. Too much time on and off the design wall LOL Anyway, I am going to stay-stitch the outside edge of the Month 11 borders.
        Carol in SW Michigan

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
          Editing a comment
          This is an excellent tip. You will definitely want to do on the outside of this quilt with the “piano key” style border.

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
        On page 5 I think there are 2 errors? Underneath Diagram 8 the sentence says "Stitch a 1" x 2" cabin wall...." There is no 2" cabin wall. It should be 1.5"
        And
        The sentence giving us the 4.5" x 4.5" cabin dimension should come after the sentence telling us to stitch on the roof

Such small pieces, but so stinking cute cabins!
        Carol G, you are correct on both these points.

If you only knew... How many corrections were needed and still, things slip through the cracks. I feel terrible when something gets by, but, oh, well, I'm sure most everyone has figured that out.

Thank you for catching these two items.
        Barbara Black
        Huntsville AL

Comment

• Carol G. commented
          Editing a comment
          Barbara I know from your comments, blog, & FB Lives that you put a ton of work into the BOMs before we ever see month 1. It is so appreciated. I am a methodical quilter & I keep the diagram in front of me when sewing a block...it just didn't work!

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1939 users online. 368 members and 1571 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,228   Posts: 155,194   Members: 25611   Active Members: 1,200  
      Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
      X