Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Month 9 -- Show Your Progress Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking ahead to month 10. Decided to do squares instead of the pattern. I was starting to feel it was looking a little
    to busy for my style so, keeping the color palette going but not so much variety of shapes. HelenW

Comment

You

Comment

Done with month 9 after ripping out vines and flowers and repositioning them all. On to month 10

Comment

Glad to see I'm not the only one being challenged by this BoM. This month was a lot of work but it is done now and it's almost time for next month's information. Looking forward to seeing what TQS has lined up for next year to challenge us

Comment

Auditioning a different bird. I actually thought about putting cats in the flowers instead of a bird LOL but this will work
            Carol in SW Michigan

Comment

I finished before the end of the month!! My new cans of sizing showed up on Tuesday, so I was able to finish getting the rest of the appliques prepped, then I finished sewing everything on about an hour ago. I didn't mind sewing on the first 4 birds, but the last 4 after the borders were all sewn on were quite the challenge. I didn't realize how many wrinkles were showing in my photo until I see it uploaded. I laid the top on the floor then stood on the stepstool to take the photo. I guess I should have done a better job laying it out, but I was just ready to be done with this month.

Linda

Comment

I Still have the eye to put on the birds. . . . I decided to use small black rivets. Hopefully they will work. Also I decided that my birds will be roosting rather than in flight. For me it made better sense. I found this month very laborsome as I'm not a needle turn appliqué person. But as time goes on, I believe I'm slowly getting better at it.
                On to month 10

Comment

• Carol G. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I like your roosting birds!

These has been a challenging project. I had to undo and redo stems for the top and bottom vines to get the correct fit. I also had to make my birds smaller to fit in the border. I’m not sure how I was that far off on the border, but it took much more time than it should have - and it’s not finished yet. I’m not sure I’m up for another BOM. I’m behind on other projects as a result. I love hand appliqué, but this pattern was difficult for me to follow and keep up with. And, the system wouldn’t upload my photo, it was .32 over size. How do I resize it?

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There is a Sticky Topic at the beginning of this Forum on how to upload photos, including how to resize photos that are too large,

I'm still working on month 9 -- I decided to print the bird applique and feathers at 75% -- I think I have a better chance of it fitting that way as well as I like it better. Hope it works.

Comment

• Marilyn M. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What a great idea! Wish I'd thought of it!

So many Beautiful jobs done here. Sorry that I've fallen back so far. But this is one I will finish.
                Last edited by Patricia Greytak.; 10-06-2023, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Finished my big borders today!!! So excited! Still have 4 leaves to attach. I might add a couple more leaves since my birds are smaller than the pattern birds
                  Carol in SW Michigan

Comment

• LORI M. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    So pretty!

I have just embroidered eyes on my birds and raw edge appliquéd the hearts on. The flying geese are done and I have also finished the applique leaves and berries and just need to sew them together.

Comment

Finally was able to finish Month 9. I went on vacation in September and fell behind but I hope to catch up this month...if life doesn't get in the way again. Very very happy that the birds are all done!!!

Comment

Running behind, sadly. I'm hopeful of completing the top during the Christmas/New Year break from outside activities....."hopeful" being the operative word!!
                      Marilyn

Comment

• Helen W. commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Marilyn, Glad you are taking the time to post your progress even if you are a little behind. Really pretty soft palette colors with the few accent of dark green leaves. Well thought out. Only thing I
                        would have done different is put a little more contrast between the house main body color and the
                        adjacent border. It would make the house a little more of the center feature. Hope you keep posting
                        as you progress. HelenW

• Carol G. commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Love your birds and the teal fabrics in that border! Keep plugging along! It's worth it

Helen W., Thank you for your comments. Yes, hindsight is a wonderful thing! I agree that the house/border could be more defined, but I have no desire to address that issue at this stage of the game. It will just have to remain softer looking. I don't have sufficient of either of those aqua fabrics to repeat the process in the upcoming border with more houses, which could possibly tie things together a little. C'est la vie! I'll just keep plodding along and see how it finishes up. I've been very busy working on "Mountmellick" by the late and wonderful Di Ford Hall...lots of hand work and piecing, so "Homeward Bound" has taken a bit of a back seat, but I'm looking forward to launching myself back into it as soon as possible. I will keep posting as and when sections are completed.
                      Last edited by Marilyn M.; 12-07-2023, 08:30 PM.
                      Marilyn

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1912 users online. 368 members and 1544 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,228   Posts: 155,194   Members: 25611   Active Members: 1,200  
                      Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                      X