Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Circles

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Circles

Would you be able to give us the dimensions of the circles in Homeward Bound? Thanks
    Ann

The circles are presented in Month 2. In the Facebook Live now available I gave information on the amount of bias stems needed for Month 2. Usually there will not be advanced information for a future month.
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

When Sarah does the circles she will have templates (each month she will send paper templates for each size needed. After you do the magic with circles take the fabric circles and put several of same size together in one foil circle closed.. when you need a circle take one out of prepared foil pack. By keeping them in each size foil pack the circles will hold it crease.. the other side of this is you need to appliqué (sew) at this time or it will lose the crease. I have glued circles sewn some left some. The unsewn circle creases will relax and will not be as pretty. So pull them off reiron and either sew them or place them back in foil pack.
      Sarah or Barbara I hope my explanation is understand able. Sarah has provided some beautiful quilts and patterns for quilted items like pillows and pin cushions.
      Joyce from Georgia (USA). I sometimes make words up without thinking upload. Where did that word come from. My mind is working on what will I sew tomorrow.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
        Editing a comment
        Good idea to keep the circles wrapped in the foil until needed. I made mine weeks in advance with Karen Buckley’s Perfect Circles so the one at a time foil idea wouldn’t have worked for me.

I'm getting ready for Month II, and it got me thinking about the template material for the circles. I have plastic template here, but then I saw that also put box cardboard on the supply list. Any recommendations on what will work the best and easiest? I don't think I've ever really gone ole skool with templates before. Thanks!
      Nina-Marie
      Albion, PA
      ninamariesayre.blogspot.com
      "Make it Work", Tim Gunn

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
        Editing a comment
        My favorite method for circles are Karen K Buckley’s Perfect Circles.

• NinaMarie commented
        Editing a comment
        Got my circle set today - ohhh they are cute! I thought - where have these been all my life!! I've got uses for all of these sizes! Thanks for the advice!

Okay Barbara, took your advice and ordered some. The set is a fair price and I can see myself using them over and over for all sorts of things. I am excited to try using the foil method on them though. Thanks for the tip!
      Nina-Marie
      Albion, PA
      ninamariesayre.blogspot.com
      "Make it Work", Tim Gunn

Comment

Will the applipops work? I’m not sure if the sizes are the same as Karen K Buckley or not.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
          Editing a comment
          Applipops will work, it is just a matter of seeing how the sizes compare. If they are slightly different, it won't matter at all. Whatever way you want to/like to make circles, is the way to go.

• MalibuBarbie commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm using my applipops for the circles, at least the two smallest sizes. I tried the foil and struggled and they are so tiny even the Karen K Buckley perfect circles are hard. I think they came out slightly bigger but I'm ok with that.

I have this circle template in my craft supplies that I'm going to use to draw on my fabrics. I just laid them over the paper template until I found the correct size for Sarah's circles. Then I wrote the measurement on the paper.
        Carol in SW Michigan

Comment

• Holly M. commented
          Editing a comment
          I struggled with the circles. Here is what I came up with that works for me:
          1-KKB Perfect Circles
          2-foil circles (circle template like photo in Carol G.'s message. Use a mechanical pencil…go around a dozen times and it will score the foil)
          3- Best Press
          After you cut out your fabric circle…spray with Best Press
          Place damp fabric circle on the foil circle and place the Perfect Circle in middle
          Pull up the foil (like Sarah’s method)
          Iron per Sarah’s method
          I found it was worth the time to make the foil circle. Much easier to iron especially the tiny circles. I am able to reuse about four times.
          The moisture from the Best Press allows the fabric to relax and form to the KKB Perfect Circle. I use a medium setting on my iron so that I do not spoil my KKB PC.

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
        I have this circle template in my craft supplies that I'm going to use to draw on my fabrics. I just laid them over the paper template until I found the correct size for Sarah's circles. Then I wrote the measurement on the paper.
        This is a very handy tool for marking circles--I will show it on the LIVE on Friday. Found in office supply stores.
        Barbara Black
        Huntsville AL

Comment

Originally posted by hollyminer View Post
          I struggled with the circles. Here is what I came up with that works for me:
          1-KKB Perfect Circles
          2-foil circles (circle template like photo in Carol G.'s message. Use a mechanical pencil…go around a dozen times and it will score the foil)
          3- Best Press
          After you cut out your fabric circle…spray with Best Press
          Place damp fabric circle on the foil circle and place the Perfect Circle in middle
          Pull up the foil (like Sarah’s method)
          Iron per Sarah’s method
          I found it was worth the time to make the foil circle. Much easier to iron especially the tiny circles. I am able to reuse about four times.
          The moisture from the Best Press allows the fabric to relax and form to the KKB Perfect Circle. I use a medium setting on my iron so that I do not spoil my KKB PC.
          Holly, thanks for posting this here. I saw your comments on the LIVE today.

The tip to keep the iron on medium is important--don't want to melt the templar. I have used too high a heat with just the KKB template circles and left them "curvy" so medium heat for me now.
          Barbara Black
          Huntsville AL

Comment

If I'm using the KKB perfect circles how wide should my seam allowance be?

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
              Editing a comment
              About a half inch, 1/4” all around.

I set up my Brother ScanNCut DX to cut the cardboard circles out of a Raisin Bran cereal box. And then the larger fabric circles after treating with Terial Magic. Now for some tin foil action!

Comment

I used my Cricut Maker and cut mine from a piece of poster board! Could also cut the fabric circles with the machine, just have to adjust the template file circle sizes. Might just as well be easier to do by hand, though.
              Given a choice, Choose Joy……

Comment

After watching the videos, blog and reading the pattern I am not sure which circles I am supposed to stitch on this month. It says the large circles—does this mean only the biggest ones or all the ones with a central circle . Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                  After watching the videos, blog and reading the pattern I am not sure which circles I am supposed to stitch on this month. It says the large circles—does this mean only the biggest ones or all the ones with a central circle . Thanks
                  The pattern for Month 2 tells you exactly which circles to make and, if you have the Kit, which fabrics to use for each, if you want to match Sarah’s quilt.
                  Barbara Black
                  Huntsville AL

Comment

I am going around in circles (pun)! Page 3 of Month 2 instructions has a typo under "-dark purple stripe (with yellow stripe). I do not have enough circle B, should this be written "-yellow stripe -4 template B"? I only made 4 B circles, need 8 to complete one block.
                    Should we wait til Month 3 to add circles so that we can mix the fabrics amongst all 4 blocks?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1570 users online. 175 members and 1395 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,774   Members: 25247   Active Members: 1,497  
                    Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Best batting for art quilting.
                      Helen W. Thank you so very much for you messages! Wow they are so helpful. Some answers. The quilt is due May 4. The finished...
                      Susan D. Do you know how to do any hand embroidery stitches. If you look at my coloring book
                      page hanging above your...
                      Susan D, I do use warm and natural batting most of the time. Whether to quilt first or after the applique is on depends...
                    • MONTH 3 -- Show Your Progress Here
                      Alice I love your ideas here. It gives a whole different look to the quilt.
                      I have also been experimenting with some alternate choices. if you enlarge the photo there are 2 pictures to see. They aren't...
                      Helen I am sorry for jumping on this post. I tried to send you a private message but I couldn't. I am working on this wall...
                    • MONTH 1 — Ask Questions Here
                      I think you mean the Month 2 Block 1 blocks. There are 3 things we can do wrong when piecing blocks: the cutting, sewing,...
                      Jennifer, Could you post a picture of your 4 blocks that make up the center star? This was discussed in month 1 several...
                      Help! My Block 1 blocks are all too small by about 1/2". Any suggestions to correct the sizing? I can not bear to...
                      An alternate block idea...
                    • COLORING PAGE Available
                      Hi. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, have been doing some travelling. I would love to share but the drawing is...
                    • Need advice re: bobbin quilting
                      Kati, Is the picture on your posting name the parrot? Pretty bird. Glad you got your quilt basted. I am using
                      Invisafil...
                    • No more items.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                    X