Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

MONTH 8 -- Share Your Progress Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the fabric on your vase!

Comment

Here is my month 8 completion placed on the design wall next to months 1-7. This quilt is growing!

Comment

• Jayne B. commented
        Editing a comment
        The dark background is lovely and gives the quilt a whole new look. Even the nine patches have a whole new look. Your quilt is special.
        Last edited by Jayne B.; 08-25-2022, 10:46 AM.

• Jo Anne commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you so much Jayne!

[QUOTE=Jo Anne;n893952]Here is my month 8 completion placed on the design wall next to months 1-7. This quilt is growing! [/QUOTE]

Joanne, Love your pieced block. So interesting. Could you post a picture of all you have done. Would love to see it. HelenW

Comment

Finished Month 8 and can’t wait for the next four blocks when the quilt top will be completed. I am loving the appliqué journey which is new territory for me. I reversed the vase so that it “faced” towards the centre of the quilt and choose fall colours representing the upcoming season in Canada.

Comment

I bought this kit thinking I could do it, but health issues have kept me from even starting. Everyone’s work is beautiful. Mine still is in the plastic wrapper!

Comment

First time since January that I’ve been caught up.

Comment

All caught up!!
              Last edited by Jill L.; 08-27-2022, 11:05 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Grma46;n893977]I bought this kit thinking I could do it, but health issues have kept me from even starting. Everyone’s work is beautiful. Mine still is in the plastic wrapper![/QUOTE]
                Grma46, Hope you are feeling better. A little stitching is just the thing to get your mind off health problems. You can take
                advantage of all the posts on the forum from the very beginning. Maybe just go to month one and with a note pad write tips
                and things you like about different quilters techniques, color combo's etc and pictures. Take the time to print out the pattern for each month. If you are thinking you might do it next year, the videos will be there but the pattern won't be.
                It is never too late to start. You can always jump in anywhere and say just do applique blocks or pieced blocks to get you going.
                HelenW

Comment

• Grma46 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you for your encouragement

Comment

• Helen W. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Love your background fabric. HelenW

I added my quilt-to date. Please ignore the bright blue as my big “design wall” is another quilt.
                Last edited by Susanne M.; 09-01-2022, 02:48 PM.
                Susanne

Comment

Sharing 2 photos of Month 8. The first one has only leaves, needed something. So added purple berries in 2nd one--much better. [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":894108}[/ATTACH]
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Helen W. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Amy, You might have to reduce the size of your photos. When I used to get the box with the ? it was
                    because my photos were too big to upload. On my iMac I bring up the photo to upload, go to the
                    top bar on the computer, click on tool, scroll down to size, and set it at 50%. That always works for me. If you go to search on the forum Barbara has a lot of posts on uploading photos. Would love
                    to see your progress. Try again. HelenW

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1057 users online. 163 members and 894 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,772   Members: 25245   Active Members: 1,507  
                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                X