Our Sponsors

FUN IDEA for 1/8" STEMS

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FUN IDEA for 1/8" STEMS

One of the students in my local Garden Party Down Under class liked the idea of using embellishments for the 1/8" stems. She chose Rick Rack for those narrow stems. Isn't that fun? Great job, Amanda!
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

[QUOTE=Barbara Black;n891114]One of the students in my local Garden Party Down Under class liked the idea of using embellishments for the 1/8" stems. She chose Rick Rack for those narrow stems. Isn't that fun? Great job, Amanda![/QUOTE]

Love the Rick Rack stems. Bet she will have a lot of people trying that idea. It looks so good. HelenW

Comment

Great idea !!

Comment

I so wanted to do the 1/8 inch bias stems on Block one. My work on that area is almost completed. My process was definitely a learning curve. I first did all the shorter bias pieces with machine appliqué after using Karen K Buckley's Perfect Stems.That tiny plastic stem worked well on my Bernina 1260 because the feed dogs were close to the needle. I got all the "pokey" ones on but it was a challenge to ensure the seam line did not slip to the side and show! I just went slow and did pretty well. Then I came to the part of putting on the long stem. It soon became evident that the I was not going to be successful using machine appliqué for that part. Was so hard getting the ends of the "pokey" stems under the center stem and the seam line again wanted to rear its ugly face! So I HAND APPLIQUED the longer stem on and it went much better.I am such a perfectionist and want to challenge myself. But here forward I am going to try to relax more and enjoy the process while not being so hard on myself. Glad I tried this however, because I showed myself what would work better in this situation. I would do hand appliqué the next time and it would be much easier.

Comment

• Anita B. commented
          Editing a comment
          That is a get idea. I think I will use rickrack in my 1/8 stems next time. Soooo.... many clever ideas.

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 888 users online. 545 members and 343 guests.

Most users ever online was 7,765 at 03:22 PM on 04-08-2022.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,969   Posts: 150,534   Members: 21185   Active Members: 1,881  
      Welcome to our newest member, Margaret Sment-Ltehaus12.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

• Month 3 — SHOW YOUR PROGRESS
        Please use THIS TOPIC to show your Month 3 blocks.

To learn how to post photos, use the SEARCH THE FORUM box—...
      • MONTH 8 -- Share Your Progress Here
        Please use this Topic to share your photos up to Month 8.
      • No more items.
      Working...
      X