January LIVE is up

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

January LIVE is up

If you missed the LIVE broadcast today you can find it here:

[URL="https://thequiltshow.com/learn/category/block-of-the-month-classroom/2022-garden-party-down-under/watch-barbara-black-facebook-youtube-live-garden-party-down-under"]https://thequiltshow.com/learn/categ...rty-down-under[/URL]

One of the things I talked about was how to find things on the site. Another good thing I showed was the Monthly Plan for what will happen each month. And I discussed why it is not standard practice for applique patterns to have a scale box--AND how you can be sure your patterns are printed the correct size before you begin.
    Last edited by Barbara B.; 01-07-2022, 03:13 PM.
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Super useful, and I loved having the walkthrough of the general blocks for each month. That will help me stay organized and make sure I've got the right fabrics set aside.

The background cutting topic is also really useful, thank you for that.
    Hand piecer, big-stitch quilter, pattern tweaker 

Comment

Barbara, Loved your January Live. You are so good at organizing your thoughts and explaining things. The monthly plan that is
      the quilt marked by months in red was genius. The background sizing will really take a lot of stress out of the process of selecting backgrounds for those that bought the kits. I am going to play around with my EQ8 this morning and using the info you have provided try to figure out the measurements for all the blocks. Since my applique is not going to be the same as the pattern,
      I figure if I get done with one month I can move on to the next. You already said the dog tooth 2nd border was the same size triangles so I should be able to move ahead with that one as you suggested. By having that and the Month 1 dimensions I should
      be able to figure the exact sizes for the applique border that is between the 2 dog tooth borders.Good exercise for my brain. Having a whole lot of fun so far!!!
      Thank you for the enormous amount of time you spend getting us all going in the right direction. HelenW

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1483 users online. 600 members and 883 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,336 at 06:30 PM on 06-14-2021.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,881   Posts: 149,553   Members: 19895   Active Members: 3,526  
      Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

• Month 1 -- Ask Questions Here
        Please use THIS TOPIC to ask questions about Month 1 of GPDU, both the Applique' block and the Dogtooth borders.
      • MONTH 1 -- Show Progress Here
        Please use THIS TOPIC to post photos of your progress with Month 1 of GPDU.
      • No more items.
      Working...
      X