Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

LIVE Broadcast January 7 — What to Show?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LIVE Broadcast January 7 — What to Show?

Planning for the LIVE coming up Friday January 7, noon central. What would you like me to show/discuss?

1. Demo the tiny knot at the eye of the needle with dark thread over a light background

GO…
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

I need to see a detailed demo of tracing with Apliquick.

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
    Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

[QUOTE=eileenkny;n890659]I need to see a detailed demo of tracing with Apliquick. [/QUOTE]

Apliquick tools are for turning under the edges to prep for stitching. What tracing are you asking about?
      Barbara Black
      Huntsville AL

Comment

• Eileen K. commented
        Editing a comment
        I contacted Kathy McNeil and she answered my question. If you're tracing on the Apliquick paper, you do it on the shiny side and you don't have to reverse any of your patterns.

[QUOTE=eileenkny;n890659]I need to see a detailed demo of tracing with Apliquick. [/QUOTE]

Eileen, If you are talking about using Appliquick fusible stabilizer, check out these
      two you tubes. I can't embed them in a post just type them in your search on google. Also If you have not watched show 1912 the inventor or Appliquick products does an excellent demo. HelenW

Comment

I'm guessing you should mention the 1" block thing. :)
        Hand piecer, big-stitch quilter, pattern tweaker 

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, I will explain that applique patterns don't usually have a scale box. And paper pieced patterns do. Thanks for that.

Rosa Rojas who developed Apliquick products was the guest on Show 1912, watch it for more info. She is also featured in the Appliqué Masterclass part 2–a great resource for this project.
        Barbara Black
        Huntsville AL

Comment

[QUOTE=eileenkny;n890714]I contacted Kathy McNeil and she answered my question. If you're tracing on the Apliquick paper, you do it on the shiny side and you don't have to reverse any of your patterns.[/QUOTE]

Just be sure to check that the marker you are using won’t bleed on the fabric OR be sure to cut away all of the markings on the shape as you cut it out.

i discussed this option on the Optional Alternative Instructions available in Month 1 documents. I was talking about printer ink but the same applies to any marker that will be used as you fuse the shapes to fabric.
          Last edited by Barbara B.; 01-04-2022, 09:01 AM.
          Barbara Black
          Huntsville AL

Comment

Barbara, Could you give us a monthly run down of what part of the quilt we will be doing each month. Like January was Center block and dog tooth border. I really like have a outline of what we will be working on. No major details about what each month entails. HelenW

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, I can do that. It is a good breakdown of amount of work each month.

• soniasimone commented
              Editing a comment
              That would be great to have!

Barbara, I had my first challenges in picking my fabrics to start because without those latest detailed pictures I couldn't work out where I might be able to use much smaller pieces than fat 1/4s especially on backgrounds. So thank you for the closer details I can get going. This is my no fabric purchase quilt for the year.
            Also I've noted your comments on 1/8" bias, I just fold my 1/4" in half and press again, I don't usually find them too thick. Lol.

Comment

I would like to see a demo of machine stitching down a leaf with a pointy end, how to get a sharp point. How do I tuck in those cute little tails?

Comment

[QUOTE=woodsies;n890741]I would like to see a demo of machine stitching down a leaf with a pointy end, how to get a sharp point. How do I tuck in those cute little tails?[/QUOTE]

Judy, If you go to Suzanne Marshall's show number 203, Ribbon Winning Applique, she shows you that exact thing. How to get perfect points on leaves. Be sure to watch the whole show they is a wealth of information and inspiration in it. HelenW

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1060 users online. 162 members and 898 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,772   Members: 25245   Active Members: 1,507  
                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                X