Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

MONTH 1 -- Show Progress Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dog Tooth border. Went with the applique method. Really like it!!! Going with square in a square corners instead of the circle
    in a circle corners. HelenW

Comment

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
        Editing a comment
        Beautiful, Marina, great job. Love the vase fabric.

• debwinia commented
        Editing a comment
        Beautiful! Very joyful!

I found a short cut to making berries while watching TV….. I cut out my circles and did the running stitch and left a thread tail. I then will insert the disc pull the thread. I’m using Acorn fabric spray ( because I own it), press, remove the disc and press again. There are 30 of one fabric and 11 of another. Glad that’s done!
      Elizabeth Anderson
      Cadiz, KY  (near Paducah)

Comment

• Janet H. commented
        Editing a comment
        Elizabeth, I like your suggestion in making the circles in one sitting. I actually was dreading them being so small! However, no problem. 30 circles plus finished and turned out great! Did not use the spray, too late to go and pick some up. On to the next step.

Getting there
      Suzanne Chickite

Comment

• Helen W. commented
        Editing a comment
        Suzanne, Your color combination looks great. Love the background fabric too. All your shapes are beautifully smooth. HelenW
        Last edited by Helen W.; 01-19-2022, 07:01 AM.

Susan Skeel
      Des Moines Iowa

Comment

[QUOTE=sewskeel;n890924][/QUOTE]

Turn your Dogtooth borders around.
        Barbara Black
        Huntsville AL
        https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
        "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Comment

• Helen W. commented
            Editing a comment
            Joyce, You should be really happy with the way your center area turned out. Beautiful vase fabric. The white leaves seem to me to not have enough contrast in color to the background. You could do an outline stitch in a green colored thread or do some
            color crayon in a green color lightly on the fabrics and heat set with an iron to make it permanent. If you do that put a piece
            of parchment paper or teflon pressing sheet on the colored area so the crayon does not get on the iron. If you have not heard
            of using color crayons to color fabric, check out Crabapple Hill Studio for some free videos on the technique. HelenW

• Joyce B. commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you Helen. I had questioned my choice there and I think you're right.

• Donna B. commented
            Editing a comment
            Really love your colors!

Not all stitched down yet. Had trouble picking my greens. Believe it or not my stash and the fabric store didn’t have what I wanted. I did find some cute little bees on one of my fabric. Check them out.
          Last edited by Suzanne C.; 01-09-2022, 03:49 PM.
          Suzanne Chickite

Comment

• Linda R. commented
            Editing a comment
            This is so pretty. Love your colors.

• Helen W. commented
            Editing a comment
            Suzanne C. Your block is beautiful. Thanks for the you tube video you put up on how to do your stems with embroidery sticky paper. HelenW

I didn't get as much done this weekend, as I hoped, but I did get started. I only have to baste down the 1/8" stems, then I'll move on to leaves. The dark background was hard to work with. I probably won't use a dark background for any other blocks. Barbara, I'm in Prattville. We are neighbors.

Comment

Finished the center. Needle turned.

Comment

• Peg commented
              Editing a comment
              I really like the background!

• Margaret B. commented
              Editing a comment
              Love your flowers. They look perfecto.

• Donna B. commented
              Editing a comment
              Like the colors!

Well that was fun! All needle turn appliqué. Loved the perfect circle templates! I decided on darker gray background for sawtooth and will do that again on next set. I am using lighter grays as backgrounds, except center has a very pale blue wave. Now I have several weeks to admire it.
            Linda H
            Happy Quilting 

Comment

• Paula S. commented
              Editing a comment
              I am so not inspired by my choices on background fabrics.. you just opened so many more ideas... Thank you for sharing this. I am amazed that I your colors are working so well on both light and dark fabrics

My first applique block is finished. Now to do the borders!

Comment

Comment

First month is done. Some take aways: use less glue (just ordered better applicator),, try hand buttonhole stitch around some flower centers. Check contrasts of overlapping bits (blue flower on vase doesn't show up as much as I'd like), preference is to use Perfect Circles rather than doing small circles with Appliquick - don't like the heavy feel of the Print and Piece in such a small element, fun to fussy cut the circles for flower centers, I made each branch of stems and leaves in same fabric to cut down on busy-ness,
                I used 80 wt off-white thread for most of the appliqué but switched to 50 wt Aurafil colored thread for the flowers. I've ordered the TQS bobbin set for future blocks as I like to match the thread to the fabric.
                and finally- I survived making 30 1/2" grapes !!!!.
                Using mostly Tula Pink fabric with some stash fillers. The background triangles in the border are varied prints of white tone on tone.
                Overall, I'm very pleased and looking forward to Month 2. I love doing turned appliqué.
                I

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Beautiful, Peg. You are wise to think about lessons learned from month 1. That makes Month 2 easier. Your grapes are wonderful!

I have my center piece up to this point. I am waiting for my Perfect Circles templates by Karen Buckley to arrive so I can finish some of the flower centers, other small circles and berries on the lower vines on the left. I have added some of my own fabrics for the leaves and taken some license with some of the vines and their placements. Since I am only making 1/4 inch bias vines not 1/8 inch I had to adjust the vine on the lower left side.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1126 users online. 193 members and 933 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,772   Members: 25245   Active Members: 1,507  
                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                X