Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Fusible

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fusible

Hi Barbara, I don't have the Quilters Select product, but I do have the Hugs n Kisses one. I should be able to use that one, right?

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
    Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

[QUOTE=eileenkny;n890251]Hi Barbara, I don't have the Quilters Select product, but I do have the Hugs n Kisses one. I should be able to use that one, right?[/QUOTE]

What product is that, Eileen?
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

• Eileen K. commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope I'm not breaking any rules here but this is the fusible I was asking about:
      [url]https://hugsnkisses.wequilt.com.au/hugsnkisses_applique_paper[/url]

[QUOTE=eileenkny;n890251]Hi Barbara, I don't have the Quilters Select product, but I do have the Hugs n Kisses one. I should be able to use that one, right?[/QUOTE]

Eileen, I just looked up Hugs n Kisses online and it seems like it would be ideal. It says it washes out. Do you normally
    wash your appliqués as you finish the blocks or wait until the quilt is all done? If I remember right, a few years on the old website ,I read a number of your posts and you are quite good at applique. So glad to have your experience as we head into this new BOM.
    HelenW

Comment

• Eileen K. commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Helen, since I prewash my fabrics, I don't wash wallhangings once they're done. I've never done a bed size applique quilt, so I can't answer that.
      Thank you so much for the compliment! I'm hoping to learn a lot with this BOM. I took a class with Irene Blanck this year on Zoom through the [url]https://www.theappliquesociety.org/[/url] so I'm really looking forward to making this BOM.

Hi Barbara, Is it possible to use Best Press after the fabric is washed along with the Print and Piece Fuse Lite? Will the Fuse work well with the starched fabric? I'm really looking forward to making this beautiful quilt! Thank you!

Comment

[QUOTE=janlee13;n890319]Hi Barbara, Is it possible to use Best Press after the fabric is washed along with the Print and Piece Fuse Lite? Will the Fuse work well with the starched fabric? I'm really looking forward to making this beautiful quilt! Thank you![/QUOTE]

Probably. Do a small sample to be sure before you use Best Press or any product to be sure you like how it works with a fusible.
      Barbara Black
      Huntsville AL

Comment

[QUOTE=eileenkny;n890333]I hope I'm not breaking any rules here but this is the fusible I was asking about:
        [url]https://hugsnkisses.wequilt.com.au/hugsnkisses_applique_paper[/url][/QUOTE]

That product sounds very much like Print & Piece Fuse Lite so it should work just fine. Test a piece before you print a whole month's pattern to be sure it works as you want it to.

Yes, hyperlinks are turned off on this site--to prevent spammers who want to take us where we don't want to go. I was able to cut/paste to see the product you asked about.
        Barbara Black
        Huntsville AL

Comment

Hi Barbara,
          I know that Print and Piece fuse Lite is the recommended product for fusing, is it necessary or can any fuse lite product work
          TIA
          Donna B
          Donna Blitch

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
            Editing a comment
            I have used one other wash away fusible for another quilt years ago that worked very much like Print & Piece Fuse Lite. Test any product to be sure it works as you want it to.

Evening
          I'm finding it difficult to buy this recommended product in the uk. Would you be able to suggest an alternative that I can buy in the uk please?
          Happy New Year everyone.
          Caroline
          Caroline Edwards
          UK Quilter

Comment

[QUOTE=Caz;n890460]Evening
            I'm finding it difficult to buy this recommended product in the uk. Would you be able to suggest an alternative that I can buy in the uk please?
            Happy New Year everyone.
            Caroline
            [/QUOTE]

I have used C&T Wash Away Applique sheets, very similar product to Print & Piece Fuse Lite.. That might be available in the UK. I have been told Polyfuse is a very similar product and that should be available in the UK. I haven't tried it but the description for it's use and how it works seems very similar to PNPFL.
            Barbara Black
            Huntsville AL

Comment

I would like to know about the fusing of appliqués…after you fused the product to the appliqué shape in your demo for turning the edges, I am confused about the paper backing…do you remove it or leave it in the appliqué and then attach the appliqué with the attached paper backing…I hope I am being clear about my inquiry. Other than this one point I felt your appliqué demo was great.  I plan to do as much as I can totally on the machine, as I am not fond of hand sewing.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
                Editing a comment
                Jennifer, there is no paper backing on Print & Piece Fuse Lite. It is a sheet of fibers with fusible on one side. Once fused it is one thin layer that will mostly dissolve when washed.

My printer doesn't do reverse and I can't figure out how to reverse the pdf. Anyone have some advice?

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
              Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

• Tena D. commented
                Editing a comment
                I have an HP Deskjet printer which won’t reverse (mirror image). But I found a way to do it through the HP Printer App on my computer. I was able to scan the pattern page from the printer to the computer where there is then an option in the App to reverse the scanned image. I saved the reversed image and printed it out. Now my handle will be on the correct side when I use the fusible Applique method. Thought I’d share that for anyone like me who can’t stand not to have it just right!

[QUOTE=eileenkny;n890646]My printer doesn't do reverse and I can't figure out how to reverse the pdf. Anyone have some advice?[/QUOTE]

HelenW recommended printing the 9 pattern pages on Vellum, which is tracing paper, then putting it on the flatbed of your printer upside down so the image is printed in reverse.

You can always trace the patterns upside down with a pencil--lots of work though!
              Barbara Black
              Huntsville AL

Comment

[QUOTE=eileenkny;n890646]My printer doesn't do reverse and I can't figure out how to reverse the pdf. Anyone have some advice?[/QUOTE]

Eileen, Vellum does work for reversing the image. I took 3 pictures to show you the process.
                1. Print out the pattern on regular printer paper. Put page 1 on the glass of printer and put one piece of vellum in the printer
                paper tray. Print it out, and it look same as the copier paper, but you can see thru it. Let the ink dry. It takes longer because it
                is a slippery paper. (See picture 1)

2) Lay the vellum with the normal printed side face up on the glass. That means the wrong side (reverse side) is facing the
                glass. (picture 2)

3) Put your Print and Fuse ( my example is with a wash away printer stabilizer) in the printer paper tray. Just make sure the printing is going to be on
                the matt side, not the fusing side.) Print it out. You will see that the writing of words is backwards, so you know you have reverse the image. (picture 3).

HelenW

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  C&T Wash Away Applique Sheets are almost identical to PNPFL--I used them for Ruffled Roses 10 years ago. Great instructions/photos here Helen, thanks!

I use the Appliquik (never sure how they spell that) fusible and it's also very similar to PNPFL.
                Hand piecer, big-stitch quilter, pattern tweaker 

Comment

[QUOTE=QuilTena;n890697]I have an HP Deskjet printer which won’t reverse (mirror image). But I found a way to do it through the HP Printer App on my computer. I was able to scan the pattern page from the printer to the computer where there is then an option in the App to reverse the scanned image. I saved the reversed image and printed it out. Now my handle will be on the correct side when I use the fusible Applique method. Thought I’d share that for anyone like me who can’t stand not to have it just right! [/QUOTE]

Great solution, Tena, thanks for sharing that info.
                  Barbara Black
                  Huntsville AL

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2034 users online. 182 members and 1852 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                  Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                  X