Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

MONTH 11 — The Skyscrapers, Show Your Progress Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used the strip piece method for the lower part. 4:14 on clock to commemorate my late husbands birthday. On to the next one!
    Elizabeth Anderson
    Cadiz, KY  (near Paducah)

Comment

• Josephine G. commented
      Editing a comment
      Lovely commemoration.

Big Ben Completed. A fun one.

Comment

Big Ben is done. Found this great fabric on Etsy. So much easier to sew on a square instead of a circular face. I also did the bottom of the clock as one piece. I pieced a 2" wide strip with the 2 fabrics (gold with narrow brown bands) and then cut it in half length-wise so I had two 1" wide striped strips. Then I pieced these 2 strips with 3 solid strips and added a long piece of backing on each side. Saved myself a bunch of paper piecing! I printed the whole pattern on card stock and taped it together to get the dimensions and used this pattern to trim the background pieces to size.
      Last edited by Nancy Lee.; 11-06-2021, 08:08 PM.
      ~Nancy

Comment

• becben1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Love how it came out! Love that clock fabric!

• Helen W. commented
        Editing a comment
        Nancy, Love your creative way to use the clock. I did a similar idea when I put the emblem of the flag
        of Idaho on a flag in the back of a pick up truck. HelenW

• deepcreek126 commented
        Editing a comment
        Great minds think alike! I did the same thing (same image) with printing on fabric and strip piecing the lower floors. I had just done the trade center and was cross eyed with all that paper piecing so I decided to try it this way to streamline the process. I am pretty happy with this one! On to Eiffel!

Originally posted by Nancy Lee-luv2craft54 View Post
      Big Ben is done. Found this great fabric on Etsy. So much easier to sew on a square instead of a circular face. I also did the bottom of the clock as one piece. I pieced a 2" wide strip with the 2 fabrics (gold with narrow brown bands) and then cut it in half length-wise so I had two 1" wide striped strips. Then I pieced these 2 strips with 3 solid strips and added a long piece of backing on each side. Saved myself a bunch of paper piecing! I printed the whole pattern on card stock and taped it together to get the dimensions and used this pattern to trim the background pieces to size.
      Excellent, Nancy! This is the process I described Friday November 5 on the LIVE broadcast.
      Barbara Black
      Huntsville AL
      https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
      "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Paula N made her quilt all from silk, much of it leftovers from garment sewing. She designed her own corners: St. Louis Arch, Washington Monument, a building in San Antonio and the Saturn 5 rocket in Huntsville, AL. She is willing to share her patterns:

paulanewquist@yahoo dot com
        Barbara Black
        Huntsville AL

Comment

• Carol G. commented
          Editing a comment
          I was wondering how the Arch would fit, but it looks great

• Eileen O. commented
          Editing a comment
          Love the way the Arch looks. Paula, I just read Barbara said you would be willing to share. I would love a copy of your Arch. I would be so thankful. Can you email that? [email protected] That would be one I wouldn't have to worry about. We went up that years ago, what a thrilling visit it was.
          Last edited by Eileen O.; 11-07-2021, 02:45 PM.

• Sue S. commented
          Editing a comment
          Your quit is beautiful. I love the colors you have used. I would also like to use your St Louis arch if possible. My daughter went to college in St Louis and lived there for a couple of years after graduation. We visited many times and took the wonderful elevator ride up the arch. The view was fantastic. My e-mail is [email protected]

I did it !
        Quilting forever, Housework whenever! 

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, you did! Beautiful job.

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
        Love the way the Arch looks. Paula, I just read Barbara said you would be willing to share. I would love a copy of your Arch. I would be so thankful. Can you email that? [email protected] That would be one I wouldn't have to worry about. We went up that years ago, what a thrilling visit it was.
        Email Paula directly, she is rarely on the Forum so won’t see this.
        Barbara Black
        Huntsville AL

Comment

I m having trouble getting the bottom curve to match the previous ones….. has anyone else found there is a difference in the pattern and the patter Barbara gave a few months ago ? I created the St. Louis arch
          Elizabeth Anderson
          Cadiz, KY  (near Paducah)

Comment

• Pat C. commented
            Editing a comment
            I would love to see your pattern you used for the arch. Is there any chance you would send it to me? Thank you! Pat
            [email protected]

I enjoyed doing Big Ben, but will rename mine to Allen Bradly clock in Milwaukee WI where I was born.

The next One World I thought I would finish earlier today but as you see I had some problems. Posting just to show everyone we all make a few “variations”
          Linda H
          Happy Quilting 

Comment

My Big Ben is done. I printed the actual Big Ben clock face onto fabric. I think it worked quite well.

Comment

• Josephine G. commented
              Editing a comment
              Brilliant!

• Helen W. commented
              Editing a comment
              Heather, Great idea. Love it. HelenW

• jilly54 commented
              Editing a comment
              How clever is that? Think I will try that. Was going to draw a clock face but this will be quicker and easier and probably better.

Originally posted by joppagirl View Post
            Your quit is beautiful. I love the colors you have used. I would also like to use your St Louis arch if possible. My daughter went to college in St Louis and lived there for a couple of years after graduation. We visited many times and took the wonderful elevator ride up the arch. The view was fantastic. My e-mail is [email protected]
            Contact Paula directly. She isn’t on the Forum so won’t see your request.
            Barbara Black
            Huntsville AL

Comment

Here is my Seattle Space Needle. Today this went together much better. Tomorrow will do final skyscraper! Then on to assembly
              Linda H
              Happy Quilting 

Comment

• Lynn G. commented
                Editing a comment
                I would also love to use your Space Needle design if you are willing to share or sell it. Thank you.

• Jean C. commented
                Editing a comment
                How much is the pattern for the space needle if you are selling it

• Katrina J. commented
                Editing a comment
                I would also love your space needle design if you are willing to share or sell it. Thank you

Originally posted by lholzhu View Post
              Here is my Seattle Space Needle. Today this went together much better. Tomorrow will do final skyscraper! Then on to assembly
              Love your Space Needle! I am doing that one as well.
              ~Nancy

Comment

Hi Barbara,
                YOU ARE AWESOME!! Thank you so much for all of your instructions. I have been one of your “Silent” followers. I just joined The Quilt Show in August 2021. I started and finished Ricky Tims Kaleidoscope class, all the time looking at this years BOM. I really liked it, but thought it would be impossible to complete. I started watching your videos and wondering if I could do it. So, I jumped in and decided to give it a try. You are such a wonderful, encouraging instructor, I can’t thank you enough. I didn’t try to create any blocks other than the ones in the pattern. I did use my own fabric, because I was a bit late in purchasing the kit. So, here is my progress. Do I understand correctly that you will be the one teaching the BOM for 2022? I certainly hope so.
                Thanks again,
                Linda

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                  Hi Barbara,
                  YOU ARE AWESOME!! Thank you so much for all of your instructions. I have been one of your “Silent” followers. I just joined The Quilt Show in August 2021. I started and finished Ricky Tims Kaleidoscope class, all the time looking at this years BOM. I really liked it, but thought it would be impossible to complete. I started watching your videos and wondering if I could do it. So, I jumped in and decided to give it a try. You are such a wonderful, encouraging instructor, I can’t thank you enough. I didn’t try to create any blocks other than the ones in the pattern. I did use my own fabric, because I was a bit late in purchasing the kit. So, here is my progress. Do I understand correctly that you will be the one teaching the BOM for 2022? I certainly hope so.
                  Thanks again,
                  Linda
                  Linda, you just made my week! Posts like yours make all the hours worthwhile. My goal is to share what I have learned over many years to all those who want to learn. And, YES! I am going to lead you all through the 2022 BOM—big reveal is coming SOON!
                  Barbara Black
                  Huntsville AL

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1504 users online. 416 members and 1088 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,781   Members: 25247   Active Members: 1,497  
                  Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                  X