Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

I Am In Houston until November 1

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Am In Houston until November 1

I am working at International Quilt Festival from October 20-November 1, 2021. Answers to questions may not come quickly.

A Special Exhibit of my quilts called My Joyful Journey features 23 of my quilts, from early humble pieces to my four Best of Show winners. If you are here, I hope you will take a look.

I told my family this is my Lifetime Achievement Award.

I will be there to greet people Wednesday October 27, 7-8 pm, Friday October 29, 2-3 pm, and Saturday October 30, 2-3 pm.

Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Barbara,
    Congratulations on you very well-deserved “life time achievement award”! ! ! I have followed your blog, viewed so many of your exquisite quilts, and think you do lovely, creative work! I would love to see your pieces as displayed in Houston, but alas Michigan is just too far away (this year). Your quilts are stunning, but are equaled by the quality of your teaching skills, clarity of instructions, and your willingness to share, encourage, and applaud each of our efforts. This is my first year as a TQS member…and my first BOM project. Enjoy your joyful journey…you certainly are enriching mine.
    Jackie O
    Jackie

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, Jackie, thank you so much for your kind words. It is my goal to share as much of my quilt knowledge with as many quilters who want to learn what I have learned over the years. TQS gives me the perfect place to do that. I am glad to have you along on the journey.

Wow I am expressed! You are a great teacher and wonderful at explaining things. You make lovely and fun quilts so you deserve every minute of this show. Have fun.
    Susan Skeel
    des Moines Iowa
    Susan Skeel
    Des Moines Iowa

Comment

Originally posted by sewskeel View Post
      Wow I am expressed! You are a great teacher and wonderful at explaining things. You make lovely and fun quilts so you deserve every minute of this show. Have fun.
      Susan Skeel
      des Moines Iowa
      thank you, Susan, very kind. I have had lots of TQS members say hello and how they are enjoying Color My World.

Barbara Black
      Huntsville AL

Comment

Originally posted by Barbara Black View Post
        I am working at International Quilt Festival from October 20-November 1, 2021. Answers to questions may not come quickly.

A Special Exhibit of my quilts called My Joyful Journey features 23 of my quilts, from early humble pieces to my four Best of Show winners. If you are here, I hope you will take a look.

I told my family this is my Lifetime Achievement Award.

I will be there to greet people Wednesday October 27, 7-8 pm, Friday October 29, 2-3 pm, and Saturday October 30, 2-3 pm.

Congratulations on your well-deserved accomplishments and recognition! I so appreciate your teaching style, the guidance you provide and the knowledge you willingly share with the quilting community. You inspire! Thank you. I hope you find time to enjoy Houston, like wedding receptions and other life events, it will go by way to fast.
        terri s.
        Quilting is my daily fiber therapy!

Comment

Originally posted by terrils View Post

Congratulations on your well-deserved accomplishments and recognition! I so appreciate your teaching style, the guidance you provide and the knowledge you willingly share with the quilting community. You inspire! Thank you. I hope you find time to enjoy Houston, like wedding receptions and other life events, it will go by way to fast.
          Thank YOU, Terri. Wish you could have been here.
          Barbara Black
          Huntsville AL

Comment

Barbara, Happy Halloween!!! I would love to see you in a Halloween costume of The Quilt Fairy, spreading quilting magic on all the
            quilters in Houston. A blue ribbon for some, the perfect 1/4 inch for others, and Joyful Journey's for all. Thank you for all your wonderful teaching tips and tricks. I love watching your videos and reading your blog. You are truly a wonderful part of the
            The Quilt Show. So glad you are getting your well deserved recognition for all you do. HelenW

Comment

Originally posted by HelenW View Post
              Barbara, Happy Halloween!!! I would love to see you in a Halloween costume of The Quilt Fairy, spreading quilting magic on all the
              quilters in Houston. A blue ribbon for some, the perfect 1/4 inch for others, and Joyful Journey's for all. Thank you for all your wonderful teaching tips and tricks. I love watching your videos and reading your blog. You are truly a wonderful part of the
              The Quilt Show. So glad you are getting your well deserved recognition for all you do. HelenW
              Thank you, Helen, that means a lot!
              Barbara Black
              Huntsville AL

Comment

I too, wish to extend my congratulations. I have enjoyed working on Color My World and looked forward to your directions and tips to make everything go together smoothly and efficiently. I wish I could have seen your quilts exhibited at the show. I am sure they made for a spectacular display.
                Pam S.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1144 users online. 216 members and 928 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,772   Members: 25245   Active Members: 1,507  
                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                X