Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Using the Forum

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using the Forum

I am working on a LIVE broadcast to give tips on how to use the Forum. This account is my "test" account and is the same as any Star Member's account so I can see what you see,

What would you like me to cover?

The LIVE will air Wednesday July 28, noon Central time
    Last edited by Barbara F.; 07-20-2021, 05:23 PM.
    Barbara Black
    Forum Wrangler

When I clicked on the Star Member Avatar it said bbforumtest.... Is this Barbara Black? If not, are you part of the
    the quilt show or just some member wanting to help out? HelenW

Comment

Originally posted by HelenW View Post
      When I clicked on the Star Member Avatar it said bbforumtest.... Is this Barbara Black? If not, are you part of the
      the quilt show or just some member wanting to help out? HelenW
      Yes, this is the Barbara Black, Forum Wrangler. My LIVE next Wednesday will explore the Forum, how to use it, Search, Notifications you can set, etc. To prepare, I have this test account so I can see the Forum exactly as all our Star Members do, not as an Admin.

My regular posts will still come from my Admin account.
      Barbara Black
      Huntsville AL
      https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
      "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

• Renee A. commented
        Editing a comment
        Your LIVE broadcast was extremely helpful. Thanks

• Selina F. commented
        Editing a comment
        I am brand new star member. How do I get to the show on how to use the Forum? I joined specifically to get the patterns for Color My World, and am trying to figure out how to get to the patterns. Any help is appreciated.

This response is written from my test forum account.
      Barbara Black
      Forum Wrangler

Comment

Barbara, I would like to know anything and all things you can find out about posting pictures. It seems like just a guessing game
        to make it the acceptable size. Some pictures are big and clear on the forum and some are partial but it you click on them you see the whole
        picture.Some really small and stay small even when you click on them. If it is 3 MB maximum size, what does that translate to in inches or in pixels of any of the other ways you adjust sizes. I am not too computer savvy, and just fumble my way around until
        something works. Would like some step by step instructions. Justin did a couple short you tubes on clearing your cache on ipads
        etc, and that was really helpful. Something like that about sizing pictures would be great. You are doing a fabulous job keeping the forum running and always helping in a timely manner. I would be pulling my hair out trying to do all that you do. Thank you. HelenW

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
          I am working on a LIVE broadcast to give tips on how to use the Forum. This account is my "test" account and is the same as any Star Member's account so I can see what you see,

What would you like me to cover?

The LIVE will air Wednesday July 28, noon Central time
          Barbara, I would like to know what kind of things you can find with Search The Forum. I usually just get the comment no results.
          HelenW

Comment

• Justin S. commented
            Editing a comment
            Helen, it looks like it is word specific with at least 4 characters, but I'm trying to get clarification. EXAMPLE: BOM generates No Results, but BOM 2021generates any posts with 2021. Also, Worl generates nothing, but World generates everything with World in it so it won't find partial words.

Testing here too, Babara...
          Justin - ARJJ

Comment

Barbara, I just typed in BOM 2021 in the forum search. It only had 8 results and 2 of those actually dealt with BOM 2021. The highlight was the numbers 2021. If it only searches for one word I can see the search not being very effective. Here is a screen shot of what I got. HelenW
            Last edited by Helen W.; 07-22-2021, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Trying to get the photo bigger and clear. I had to take it down to 16 percent of the screenshot size to get the website to accept it.
              HelenW

Comment

testing 2nd avatar
                Justin

Comment

When did they change the top banner to say Forum instead of Connect? That will make it easier to find it.I just noticed it this morning. HelenW

Comment

Barbara, Can you show how to embed a You Tube in a post on the forum? A lot of times that would be really useful in answering questions. HelenW

Comment

When did they change the top banner to say Forum instead of Connect? That will make it easier to find it.I just noticed it this morning. HelenW
                      Yesterday.
                      Barbara Black
                      Huntsville AL

Comment

Barbara, Can you show how to embed a You Tube in a post on the forum? A lot of times that would be really useful in answering questions. HelenW
                        No links should be added that go off this website. You can tell people where they can find things on other sites. Added bonus, this helps folks learn how to find things themselves.
                        Barbara Black
                        Huntsville AL

Comment

• Helen W. commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thank you. HelenW

• John A. commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Linking off-site has led to spamming and created problems. Sorry we have had to move in this direction.

test of photo
                        Barbara Black
                        Forum Wrangler

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1998 users online. 164 members and 1834 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                        Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                        X