Quilting Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

• Quiz question #4
    This is Split Complementary or Triad. Although two tertiary colors are used orange is a secondary color.
  • MONTH 2 -- Ask Questions Here
    Check the 3 things we can do wrong in piecing a block: the cutting, sewing, and/or pressing. Try blocking the block to the...
  • MONTH 2 -- Show Your Progress Here
    Alice, I love, love, love the secondary design you created. It all works so well together. You are
    creating a stunning...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    Karen W, Thanks to you I went for a walk down memory lane in the Color My World forum area.
    Shout out to all those...
    My month 2 block is a wonkie 8”. Any suggestions to help make the blocks the correct 8 1/2”? I can’t add a border...
  • Templates for sewing lines.
    Not sure if anyone else has posted this suggestion. A friend of mine, Jane Becker, who is also working on this quilt, suggested...
    Thanks Helen! Thanks Vesta! Thanks Laurie! You ladies' encouragement means a lot to me!!

@Helen: Your idea...
    There are many Topics on this quilt still available on the Forum. Read through them to see if your issue has been addressed...
    Your choices are making a stunning quilt!
    I gave up on mine after the road because my tall buildings shadow didn't fit. I tried to get help but no one was available...
    Alice, Another idea for a second block would to make 8 inch
    lemoyne star blocks using you same palette for the 8...
  • Borders ( help )
    Dana, Here are a few EQ8 designs I drew up for friends asking for quilting
    help with doing something unique. The first...
  • Borders ( help )
    Dana, It is a little spendy. The Electric Quilt website has lots of savings on holidays. You should
    check that out...
    Alice - these look fabulous! Nicely done!
  • Borders ( help )
    Thank you both so much!!!! Love the advice I am going to get Look into purchasing the program you mentioned what an awesome...
  • Borders ( help )
    Dana, If you could take a picture that is a little more straight on, I could try out some ideas in EQ8. What size is quilt...
  • Borders ( help )
    Decide what size the quilt needs to be. If larger, add a second border. I would leave the navy border the current size and...
  • Borders ( help )
    Not sure what went wrong I think I had to much in the body of message question 1 should I add a second border wider border...
  • No more items.

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

tree template

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tree template

Hi. My vertical house and background are not exact, so what is the best placement for the tree template? Do I align it with the top of the background or the curve at the bottom of the houses?

Originally posted by stephchick View Post
    Hi. My vertical house and background are not exact, so what is the best placement for the tree template? Do I align it with the top of the background or the curve at the bottom of the houses?
    I’m sorry but I don’t understand the question. The tree top is even with the top of the house background. Do you mean your houses aren’t the same length? Can you post a photo of your issue?
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

I was a bit behind and only added my trees at the weekend. But I hit a problem.

When I joined my house blocks, despite me using 1/4” seams, the houses would not lie flat. I unpicked my seams. I calculated the angle for each house block (minus seam allowances) needed to be 22.5 degrees. I discovered the tree template width provided this angle, although the height didn’t match my blocks. So I made a new template and added 1/4” seam allowances to the sides. This enabled me to carefully trim my tree/house blocks and restitch my seams. I got there in the end thank goodness! I’m hoping the height of my blocks will still work when I come to attach the roads.

Comment

• ljnstarmn72 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, you sound like an expert or an engineer! Great solution.

Originally posted by Ktmosedale View Post
      I was a bit behind and only added my trees at the weekend. But I hit a problem.

When I joined my house blocks, despite me using 1/4” seams, the houses would not lie flat. I unpicked my seams. I calculated the angle for each house block (minus seam allowances) needed to be 22.5 degrees. I discovered the tree template width provided this angle, although the height didn’t match my blocks. So I made a new template and added 1/4” seam allowances to the sides. This enabled me to carefully trim my tree/house blocks and restitch my seams. I got there in the end thank goodness! I’m hoping the height of my blocks will still work when I come to attach the roads.
      Katy, Great tip. Thanks for posting it. I am sure you are not alone in having to find some work arounds that make the circle lay flat.
      HelenW

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1527 users online. 613 members and 914 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,193   Posts: 154,725   Members: 25199   Active Members: 1,452  
      Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Quiz question #4
        This is Split Complementary or Triad. Although two tertiary colors are used orange is a secondary color.
        Check the 3 things we can do wrong in piecing a block: the cutting, sewing, and/or pressing. Try blocking the block to the...
        Alice, I love, love, love the secondary design you created. It all works so well together. You are
        creating a stunning...
        Karen W, Thanks to you I went for a walk down memory lane in the Color My World forum area.
        Shout out to all those...
        My month 2 block is a wonkie 8”. Any suggestions to help make the blocks the correct 8 1/2”? I can’t add a border...
      • Templates for sewing lines.
        Not sure if anyone else has posted this suggestion. A friend of mine, Jane Becker, who is also working on this quilt, suggested...
        Thanks Helen! Thanks Vesta! Thanks Laurie! You ladies' encouragement means a lot to me!!

@Helen: Your idea...
        There are many Topics on this quilt still available on the Forum. Read through them to see if your issue has been addressed...
        Your choices are making a stunning quilt!
        I gave up on mine after the road because my tall buildings shadow didn't fit. I tried to get help but no one was available...
        Alice, Another idea for a second block would to make 8 inch
        lemoyne star blocks using you same palette for the 8...
      • Borders ( help )
        Dana, Here are a few EQ8 designs I drew up for friends asking for quilting
        help with doing something unique. The first...
      • Borders ( help )
        Dana, It is a little spendy. The Electric Quilt website has lots of savings on holidays. You should
        check that out...
      • No more items.

Trending

Collapse

I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
      • No more items.
      Working...
      X