Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Using the Forum
    I am working on a LIVE broadcast to give tips on how to use the Forum. This account is my "test" account and is...
  • DESIGN AREA — Little Houses in the City
    Here is the design area for Little Houses in the City—make them your own:

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.co...
  • Design your own skyscraper
    For all who have asked, here is the Design Area for the Skyscrapers. The official patterns will be posted in November. Have...
  • July pattern
    Anyone have trouble downloading the pattern for this month? It keeps saying something went wrong and to refresh. Let me...
  • TALL BUILDINGS #2 — Ask Questions Here
    The next pattern for Tall Buildings is available a day early. There is a Video and my Blog: https://bbquiltmaker.blogsp...
  • House error and question
    I was late to the party, and have just completed houses 1 - 4. When making #2 houses, I got carried away and made more than...
  • House Size Small House 1 and Small House 2
    What is the size of the Small house 1 and Small house 2 - prior to joining together?...
  • Choosing colors for the mariner's compass
    I've just gotten started on this project and have finished the first set of small buildings from stash, primarily Alison...
  • small building 2
    The background on small building 2 is going the opposite direction from small building 1. Did I do something incorrectly...
  • Foot is sticking to freezer paper
    I am using the #10C foot (Bernina) and it has started sticking to the freezer paper and causing my fabric to pucker. Are...
  • Tall buildings--show your progress here
    Please use THIS TOPIC to show off your Tall Buildings as you get them made

There is another Topic for ASKING...
  • MONTH 6--TALL BUILDING #1--Ask Questions Here
    A day early--get your Tall Buildings #1 pattern! Be sure to watch the VIDEO as well as reading the directions.
  • Photos Fixed, Fingers Crossed
    The web folks have been working to fix the photos. Let’s see if you can see all 3 of these photos, as large as you like....
  • Color My World Block 1, LATE!
    Late to the party and new to the site! I saw someone's CMW post on FB, and it inspired me to join TQS to begin this project....
  • Inset circles: The upper road and the center circle.
    I feel the frustration a few of the TQS quilters are having with the roads. I googled tips for inserting circles and found...
  • Round 5
    I finished and assembled round 5 today. Here it is. I will have to quilt heavily to make it flat. My road line makers were...
  • Out of Round
    This may have been asked before, but my small houses do not lie flat. How do I figure out if the problem is the top of...
  • Sharing our ideas...
    It is always so fun so see all the different ways that quilters go about making the quilts personal to them.
    I was...
  • No more items.

Our Sponsors

My color my world so far

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My color my world so far

It has been very challenging to wait for the pattern. I couldn’t wait for the tree pattern so I made my own.

Originally posted by CollyJ View Post
    ...so I made my own.
    Love this! I’m right there with you on coming up with my own.
    Carole B. aka nhbaskets

Comment

• Nadine B. commented
      Editing a comment
      Love this.
    This reply by Loscar has been deleted by Loscar

Love this fun quilt so far❤️
    Attached Files

Comment

Is there a reason to sew the completed circle of houses now as opposed to assembling the whole top in quarters? It would be easier to handle smaller pieces as we add rings. Without knowing how the roads go on this may be a moot point.

Comment

• Helen W. commented
        Editing a comment
        Jody, I think Barbara posted that the roads seams do not line up with the house seams. So until we
        see the road pattern, I don't know if the quarter idea would work. Would be a lot easier to manage the pieces if it works with the pattern. HelenW

I’m on the right track! Happy with the colored houses so far.

Comment

• jptousley commented
        Editing a comment
        I love your background fabric! Great job!

Originally posted by Qltr10ac View Post
      Is there a reason to sew the completed circle of houses now as opposed to assembling the whole top in quarters? It would be easier to handle smaller pieces as we add rings. Without knowing how the roads go on this may be a moot point.
      The whole top cannot be assembled in quarters. The Little Houses in the City are at North, South, East and West in the outside ring of Tall Buildings.

While the inner section of the quilt "could be" assembled in quarters, as the road seams do line up with the seams of the Small Houses, there are no instructions for that in the pattern. You are free to try it if you like to see if it works.

You would only be making quarter rings of the Small Houses unless you haven't sewn the Mariner's Compass together and want to really do quarters of the entire middle,. That would have been more work to me than following the pattern.

BARBARA BLACK
      Barbara Black
      Huntsville AL
      https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
      "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

These are my houses reduced to 60%.

Comment

• Helen W. commented
          Editing a comment
          Lynneanne, You 60 % version looks great. Good Job! HelenW

• Lynnanne commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for your help, Helen

There has been so much rain here in Queensland that there was nothing to do last week except sew. I have put my trees on but now that the sun has come out it is time to get out side . Barbara you have really got me into this BOM and paper piecing deal. I will catch up on sewing the houses together when the rain starts again next week. Oh well, winter in coming. More sewing.

Comment

I posted yesterday but can't see my post anymore and didn't seem to get any answers to my problem... I finished my ring and it doesn't lay flat. the outside of the ring is flat but the inside is quite a bit too big. Should I tighten up where I joined the houses without trees? what will that do to the rest of the quilt as we progress?

Comment

Originally posted by Jecreed View Post
            I posted yesterday but can't see my post anymore and didn't seem to get any answers to my problem... I finished my ring and it doesn't lay flat. the outside of the ring is flat but the inside is quite a bit too big. Should I tighten up where I joined the houses without trees? what will that do to the rest of the quilt as we progress?
            Your post is still there. It was a Reply to another post, as is this one, so it doesn’t show up in My Recent Posts. You can find your posts by looking at My Recent Posts under your name in the upper right. I found yours by looking at Latest Activity.

since the inside is too big it is most likely the seam allowances where they are joined. Check each one to see where they are too narrow,
            Barbara Black
            Huntsville AL

Comment

I’m not sure that this is the place to post a question. I have my houses sewn together. Do you remove the fabric behind the trees? Apparently we will ease the road with the houses as mine look a bit big. I tried to be so careful of the 1/4 inch. Is there a measurement around the outside circle at the top of the trees?

Comment

Originally posted by Jean65 View Post
                I’m not sure that this is the place to post a question. I have my houses sewn together. Do you remove the fabric behind the trees? Apparently we will ease the road with the houses as mine look a bit big. I tried to be so careful of the 1/4 inch. Is there a measurement around the outside circle at the top of the trees?
                You can remove the background fabric from behind the trees if you like, I did not.

There are no measurements for the outside circle. The outer road is designed to fit there. That pattern comes in May. If your circle of Small Houses is not flat, check the seam allowances. The Mariner's compass with Inner Road attached will be 18" across not including seam allowances. See this post about the empty circle in the middle for the Mariner's Compass/Inner Roads:

https://thequiltshow.com/forum/block...ouses-are-sewn

Barbara Black
                Huntsville AL

Comment

Finished my circle of small houses and trees

Comment

My houses were "almost' flat on the inside circle. I went back and resewed a couple of seams, and sprayed with water then ironed the circle. I'm very pleased with this so far. Can't wait to see how to add the road!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1029 users online. 540 members and 489 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,336 at 05:30 PM on 06-14-2021.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,756   Posts: 145,970   Members: 17665   Active Members: 2,151  
                    Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

• DESIGN AREA — Little Houses in the City
                      Here is the design area for Little Houses in the City—make them your own:

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.co...
                    • July pattern
                      Anyone have trouble downloading the pattern for this month? It keeps saying something went wrong and to refresh. Let me...
                    • Tall buildings--show your progress here
                      Please use THIS TOPIC to show off your Tall Buildings as you get them made

There is another Topic for ASKING...
                    • Using the Forum
                      I am working on a LIVE broadcast to give tips on how to use the Forum. This account is my "test" account and is...
                    • No more items.
                    Working...
                    X