Our Sponsors

dbl layer freezer paper

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dbl layer freezer paper

Silly question--- if I layer 2 pcs of freezer paper each with dull side up & fuse them together with an iron, won't the bottom piece stick to the ironing board? Will a layer of parchment paper on the ironing board fix this?

Yes, the bottom will stick to the pressing surface. Parchment or freezer paper would help. As soon as the two layers are cut out, I pinned or stapled them together, you are pressing to the tree top fabric and the problem is solved.

BARBARA BLACK
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Originally posted by carmeng View Post
      Silly question--- if I layer 2 pcs of freezer paper each with dull side up & fuse them together with an iron, won't the bottom piece stick to the ironing board? Will a layer of parchment paper on the ironing board fix this?
      Carmen, Yes it will stick to the ironing board, but the beauty of freezer paper is that you just pull it off and iron it to the fabric
      for the trees. It can be used over and over again. I use parchment paper all the time, and if you did use it, it would probably let
      you use your freezer paper template a couple extra times. HelenW

Comment

Instead of freezer paper I printed the tree top pattern on card stock. I cut 2 patterns: one with a 1/4” seam added for cutting and one as printed which I used to iron the 1/4” seam under. It worked well for me.
        ~Nancy

Comment

• What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 208 users online. 11 members and 197 guests.

Most users ever online was 459 at 10:22 PM on 04-13-2021.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,670   Posts: 145,037   Members: 16757   Active Members: 6,767  
          Welcome to our newest member, Jean Gillette-jirishg.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
          X