Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Month 3–New Appliqué Blocks

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barbara, Thank you for getting your blog info on the daily blog this morning. I think it will help those
    struggling quilters that don't have the time to search the forums etc. for help, because they prefer
    to use that precious time making quilts. They just don't know what they are missing. Making it easier access
    is always great. Thanks to the TQS staff for the quick response to our request. One last possible idea,
    to put your blog website link on the page where they post the monthly patterns. I

included a picture of the place
    I am talking about. It would make one stop access even more convenient. Thanks Barbara for all your help.
    HelenW

Comment

Helen, each month the Newsletter does a direct link to my monthly post about the Block of the Month. If people don’t read the newsletters or come to the Forum, they miss out.

I am glad to know you find the blogs helpful—that is why I do them.

And people can always follow the blog by email—I write two a week. Only the first of the month is about the BOM.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
      North Alabama, USA
      "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

I'm also doing hand applique and have been wondering how I would tackle the twirly ball block. This block is next on my agenda! Thanks for the suggestions, Linda. They make sense to me.

Laura

Comment

Barbara...your instructions on the blog have really helped me with this BOM. Thanks for all your hard work.
          Deborah W

Comment

Finished my March blocks. I'm really enjoying the applique blocks. I'm also more in love with my bubble material the more blocks I do with them.
            Ellen Lindow
            Plant City, FL

Comment

Finished my March blocks. I'm really enjoying the applique blocks. I'm also more in love with my bubble material the more blocks I do with them.

Ellen Lindow
              Plant City, FL

Comment

Ellen Lindow
                Plant City, FL

Comment

Ellen Lindow
                  Plant City, FL

Comment

Your blocks are adorable!

Comment

So I was trying to figure out how to approach block 10 for hand applique and once I coloured in the sections I got it. Outside portion is easy. Inside all pieces will be attached to the larger circle and then I will turn it and attach. I think it will work.
                      Freda

Comment

Freda, that is exactly how it’s done for machine appliqué so it will work for hand appliqué as well.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                        North Alabama, USA
                        "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

I am just starting block 9. Is the background inner circle Appliquéd on top of P1. I think the P1 will shadow though my white background and I will have to cut away the P1 behind that circle of background fabric.

Comment

I can’t wait so I started laying mine out . I wanted to see if my though process was going to work . It works for me I love how it’s coming together

Comment

Cindyaziah, I love what you're doing. It really looks amazing with the 9 patch blocks added to it. Once we get the pattern for those, I hope to do quilt-as-you-go on mine and assemble them in just that fashion.
                              Ellen Lindow
                              Plant City, FL

Comment

Ellenceleste, I too was thinking about doing quilt as you go for this quilt. I watched a Marti Michelle video on Bluprint yesterday where she teaches a technique for doing
                                quarter panels quilt as you go and then a separate technique called enclosed seams for the borders quilt as you go. I am thinking about doing my layout with horizontal lines
                                of blocks rather than on point because
                                I like the illusion of the 9 patches looking like they are on point in a horizontal layout. HelenW

This is a sample I drew up in EQ8.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2394 users online. 229 members and 2165 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,228   Posts: 155,194   Members: 25613   Active Members: 1,198  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X