Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Errata

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Errata

There is an error in the number of 4 1/2" squares to cut for the FG in the F block. You need two blue and two green, not one as stated in the instructions.

No. I think the directions are correct. 1 block each color worked for me.

Lorna

Comment

I think that the star on the F block is missing in the instructions. Looks like it is out of the same yellow as the flying geese. At least that is what I am going with.

Comment

You DO get 4 flying geese from each large square. I LOVE the oversizing and trimming down to needed size- i haven't really done that much patchwork, but all 3 of my first ones came out spot on! : )... Great Instructions, Janet!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorna1021
          I think that the star on the F block is missing in the instructions. Looks like it is out of the same yellow as the flying geese. At least that is what I am going with.
          Lorna, thanks for catching that! You're right. Some of those stars scattered around the quilt were a late addition, so I apparently forgot to add on a fabric square from which to cut out a star!
          Back to Quilting!

Comment

A & F done. Now on to G.

This is fun!

Comment

Happily finished all three and have the applique done. Now back to "the two of us"

Comment

Originally posted by janetstone
                Originally posted by Lorna1021
                Lorna, thanks for catching that! You're right. Some of those stars scattered around the quilt were a late addition, so I apparently forgot to add on a fabric square from which to cut out a star!
                Hi, is there any way that the instructions can be updated with the corrections so that I can print them, I have no printer at home and have to print these at the store. thanks
                Deb from Toronto
                http://www.patchworksanity.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi, is there any way that the instructions can be updated with the corrections so that I can print them, I have no printer at home and have to print these at the store. thanks
                  I'm not sure if they can be updated, maybe someone from TQS can chime in here. The only error so far, is that you need a 2" square of fabric to cut out the star on Block F. If you have the kit, it would be from yellow #17. The placement for the star is drawn on the pattern.
                  Back to Quilting!

Comment

the only reason I suggest this TQS is that there may be people that start late and will not go through ALL these messages when they start. it is good to have all corrections with the pattern. thanks in advance.
                    Deb from Toronto
                    http://www.patchworksanity.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by betweens
                      the only reason I suggest this TQS is that there may be people that start late and will not go through ALL these messages when they start. it is good to have all corrections with the pattern. thanks in advance.
                      Thanks! Of course that makes perfect sense. I will alert the folks that can deal with that!
                      Back to Quilting!

Comment

I must be missing something. On the A block, the cutting directions say to cut four 2 and 1/2 inch blocks from the red fabric. Then when I go to construct the flying geese, the directions say to place a 2 and 1/4 inch red block on the blue square. As several people have successfully finished the block and no one else has identified this as a discrepancy, I must be doing something wrong. Any guidance?

Comment

Originally posted by geredwards
                          I must be missing something. On the A block, the cutting directions say to cut four 2 and 1/2 inch blocks from the red fabric. Then when I go to construct the flying geese, the directions say to place a 2 and 1/4 inch red block on the blue square. As several people have successfully finished the block and no one else has identified this as a discrepancy, I must be doing something wrong. Any guidance?
                          Apparently there was an error at the start of downloading the pattern, with the size you were supposed to cut the red squares. The size was changed on page 1, but NOT on page 2. The correct size of the 4 red squares IS 2 1/2". Page 2 should ALSO read "place 2 1/2" red squares on one corner of 3 3/4" blue square"...etc. I will contact whoever deals with fixing the error and see if we can get that corrected. Thanks so much for pointing that out!

UPDATE! the measurement of the red squares on the cutting page SHOULD say 2 1/4", NOT 2 1/2". This should be corrected on the instructions soon. Sorry about that and thanks!
                          Back to Quilting!

Comment

Thanks, Janet. Since I had already cut the red squares according to the original cutting directions, I went ahead and assembled the block, and it went together beautifully so I figured the page 2 reference to red squares of a difference size was a mistake. Funny that no one else stumbled on that--I saw that several people had put together their blocks with no questions and no problems. I decided they must be more confident quilters than I! Thanks, again.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2112 users online. 217 members and 1895 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                            Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                            X