Our Sponsors

Basket Rendezvous - question

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basket Rendezvous - question

I received my Basket Rendezvous kits - both the warm and cool kits - and they are wonderful. So wonderful, in fact, that my two girls want me to make them for their beds - one wants the cool and the other the warm. In order for the quilt to fit on their beds, I need to make it longer, so I am adding another row of baskets. I will need to get some additional fabric. Is there a list of the fabrics that come in the kit?

Thank you,
    Kyla V.

I’m interested in knowing this too! Did you ever get an answer?

Comment

Before I cut my white fabric, I want to check my facts? If I cut 16 5 5/8 squares, draw a diagonal, sew scant 1/4 seam on both sides than cut will I have enough baskets handle triangles?
      Susan Skeel
      Des Moines Iowa

Comment

Originally posted by sewskeel View Post
        Before I cut my white fabric, I want to check my facts? If I cut 16 5 5/8 squares, draw a diagonal, sew scant 1/4 seam on both sides than cut will I have enough baskets handle triangles?
        No. It takes 18 squares cut in half to provide the 36 B Triangles needed for 36 baskets.

You are talking about staystitching the bias edge BEFORE you cut the square in half. This was discussed on Alex's LIVE Monday October 10. Everyone should watch that before cutting. It was suggested by a viewer that you could easily STAYSTITCH the bias edge by drawing a diagonal line on the square, then doing a Staystitch on BOTH sides of the line, then cut the square in half. This makes handling the bias less difficult.

The pattern does not address staystitching the bias edge. Alex recommends you so this to avoid stretching the handle section out of shape.
        Barbara Black
        Huntsville AL
        https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
        "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Originally posted by lovetoosew View Post
          I’m interested in knowing this too! Did you ever get an answer?
          No, I didn't but here's what I did! I knew that I would need more fabric to enlarge the quilts, so I bought additional Kaffe fabric, Free Spirit Kaffe Fassett Collective - August 2022 in both the Warm and Cool fat quarter bundles. It has different fabrics then what was in the kits from TQS.

In the pictures below, the kit fabric is on the left, the fabric that I added is in the middle, and the right side is the binding and border fabric from the kit. The fabric in the lower right corner is the fabric that I will be using for the basket handles - it's a fabric that I added. It comes in both warm and cool and I am tying the two quilts together by swapping the fabrics. I will be using the cool handles in the warm quilt and the warm handles in cool quilt.

Comment

love your choices

Comment

Alex provided the math for the center block in the basket. She said it should finish at 2 3/8 “. I assume this is before I sew the triangles to it?

Comment

Originally posted by kathyalden View Post
                Alex provided the math for the center block in the basket. She said it should finish at 2 3/8 “. I assume this is before I sew the triangles to it?
                Finished means the size they will be when the block is completed. Two HST that finish at 2 3/8” will be 2 7/8” before being sewn into the block.

Barbara Black
                Huntsville AL
                https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Done
                  Susan Skeel
                  Des Moines Iowa

Comment

• Lynn H. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Beautiful!

Beautiful colors.. Love it..

Comment

Comment

Quilt top finished !

Comment

My quilt is started when the group started but I injured both shoulders, bursitis on the left and tendinitis on the right. I am working really slowly but it gives me the time to reflect on my color choices and placements.

It does not have a white background but a soft grey batik with butterflies on it. It will be a softly, gently color change quilt. Ihave to work slowly and around the pain, hoping not to make things worse in my shoulders. I am going for an MRI in 2 weeks so we should know what is going on.
                        It is physically impossible for me to stop quilting, lol. My hubby has tried and failed to do this. He can stop me from buying more fabrics but not quilting. GO QUILT MAKERS, lol!

Comment

My quilt top is complete! I added borders all around to extend the length and width so I can use it for my spring bed quilt. I plan to draw and quilt baskets in the 4 corners to mimic the baskets in the quilt.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 918 users online. 311 members and 607 guests.

Most users ever online was 7,765 at 04:22 PM on 04-08-2022.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,011   Posts: 151,069   Members: 21967   Active Members: 2,114  
                          Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

• Basket Rendezvous - question
                            I received my Basket Rendezvous kits - both the warm and cool kits - and they are wonderful. So wonderful, in fact, that...
                          • No more items.
                          Working...
                          X