Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

NEUTRAL BLOOMS — Ask Questions Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEUTRAL BLOOMS — Ask Questions Here

Please use this TOPIC to ask questions about the free Neutral Blooms quilt class.
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Hi, I am in Australia and it seems you cannot post to Australia.
    I have bought the pattern in a pdf
    can you list the fabrics so I may be able to find them or similar or post a picture of the fabrics

Comment

Julie, I noticed you did not get a response yet so if you want to do it the hard way, I got the description of the fabrics and
      a picture of the bundle from the store area. It says 16 neutral fat quarters from Art Gallery, Free Spirit, Robert Kaufman, and Windham Fabrics. Then 5.5 yards of background fabrics, 4 different fabrics. from Andover, Moda, and Robert Kaufman.
      You might be able to type the manufactures names into Google Search and track them down from the photo. or find
      something similar. If you want to wait, they will probably provide you info before the classes start. Pretty quilt. HelenW

Comment

Where do I find the Neutral Blooms pattern? I do not need the fabrics.

Comment

Elizabeth P . The pattern is found under the “SHOP products” tab. Then, select Neutral Blooms heading, and you will see the fabric bundle and two pattern options to purchase (print copy and digital download).
          Jackie

Comment

• elizabeth p. commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you Jackie. I found it.
            Elizabeth

Comment

• sandra s. commented
            Editing a comment
            First post, not sure if I am doing this right. I bought the kit and added my stash to it. my questions is:
            how many petals of each and is there a value for petals verses centers? going on a trip wanted to work on cutting petals and centers during it.

Were any of the fabrics provided in the kit intended to be used as the binding?

Comment

• Alex A. commented
            Editing a comment
            Not really, I ended up piecing my binding - it looks great!

• Georgia B. commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks, Alex! I hadn’t thought of that. I think I will do the same.

Originally posted by SarahEtta View Post
          Were any of the fabrics provided in the kit intended to be used as the binding?
          The Kit description says there is enough fabric for a pieced binding. Use the leftovers for the binding.
          Barbara Black
          Huntsville AL

Comment

I am using my own stash for the small blocks in neutral blooms, but want to buy the grunge solid and grunge dots for the background. What color number are they? There are several shades of neutral grunge- some are gray toned and some ivory toned.
            Karen L Bays

Comment

• Lisa K. commented
              Editing a comment
              Grunge Dot Hits the Spot- 30149, Grunge -30150 I have the kit.

Does anyone know what manufacture the solid white is? I want to get more and make the quilt for a king size being I have soo sew many fabrics to work with

Comment

Originally posted by asandybrownbear View Post
              Does anyone know what manufacture the solid white is? I want to get more and make the quilt for a king size being I have soo sew many fabrics to work with
              contact Customer Service by email or phone, they will be able to answer this. They do not monitor the Forum.

Barbara Black
              Huntsville AL

Comment

I have completed my first pieced row. All the four patch blocks were the right size and once the triangles are added I have a proper 1/4 inch seam allowance but my row is not the right size. It ended up 6.25 x 46.5 instead of 6 1/8 x 45 3/4. I don't know what I did wrong as my 1/4 seam is accurate too but hopefully I can just adjust the applique rows and it will go together. Any advice?
                Last edited by Deborah W.; 04-29-2022, 07:01 PM.
                Deborah W

Comment

• spilutti commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Lovely. How did you press the joining seams between the pieced blocks? I'm having a problem getting them flat.

Originally posted by djane View Post
                I have completed my first pieced row. All the four patch blocks were the right size and once the triangles are added I have a proper 1/4 inch seam allowance but my row is not the right size. It ended up 6.25 x 46.5 instead of 6 1/8 x 45 3/4. I don't know what I did wrong as my 1/4 seam is accurate too but hopefully I can just adjust the applique rows and it will go together. Any advice?
                Deborah W, Your first pieced strip is beautiful. Loved that I could see the whole strip by clicking on it and then zoom it. Not sure
                what went a little off but you could take a piece of clear page protector and draw the finished center squares to size and the
                triangles at the angle they attach to make a unit. Then lay that on top of each one to see if there is any that are a little off.
                You said you checked your seam allowance, be sure you look at both sides of the seam allowance. Some times the one you
                can't see after pressing is too small making the finished unit a tad bit bigger than it should be. If you have the clear template,
                as you make each unit you can check it on the next row. If you can't find the problem, I would wait until you make the other
                ones to see if they come out the same, or different. You might need to do a little restructuring on both ends of the row to get
                them all the same. I am thinking the background fabric in a piece that makes them all the same length. Might be able to do
                it just on the bottoms, or if too noticeable, divided it in half and do on top and bottom. These are just ideas that came to mind
                when I looked at your question. Looks like it will be a beautiful quilt. HelenW

Comment

Thanks for your help Helen W.
                  Deborah W

Comment

Hi Deborah, the length and width of my rows didn't come out exactly to the 6 1/8 x 45 3/4 either. Mine are 6 1/4 x 46 1/2. Luckily I didn't cut my sashing ahead of time so was able to cut the sashing to match the length of my rows.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1073 users online. 180 members and 893 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,768   Members: 25244   Active Members: 1,511  
                    Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                    X