Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Twas the night before Christmas (a day early)

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twas the night before Christmas (a day early)

Twas the night before Christmas
    Barbara Black's quilts were not made,
    Her threads were all tangled, her cookies delayed.
    The stockings weren't finished, the pantry was bare,
    Poor weary Barbara was tearing her hair.
    Stacks of fat quarters, tipped over in streams,
    Visions of finished projects had just turned to dreams.

What to her wondering eyes should appear,
    But all the TQS quilters with all of their gear.
    They went straight to work with just a few mutters,
    Sorting and stitching and using their cutters.
    Some patterns emerged from all of this mess,
    Garden Party vases and flowers along with all the rest.

Her projects were finished, And Alex's quilts too,
    The cookies were baked by the Sew N Sew group.
    Their work was all done, so they packed up their stash
    And boarded Santa's sleigh taking off in a dash.

I heard HelenW say as they drove out of sight.
    Happy quilting to all and to all a good night.

Have a Very Merry Christmas Barbara Black.
    Best Wishes for a long continued Joyful Journey. HelenW
    (original author of this variation unknown)
    Last edited by Helen W.; 12-23-2021, 07:21 AM.

You win, Helen, for Best Post of the Day! Thanks, and Merry Christmas to you and yours.
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

JUST THE BEST!!!! Now get over to my house!!! LOL Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

Comment

Helen W. this is the most wonderful Christmas Poem to honor Barbara Black. You are certainly a winner in the quilt group. You help so many people just like Barabara & we are grateful to have you aboard. Merry Christmas

Comment

Yikes!!! I was not expecting to see my name in the newsletter this morning. Just wanting to bring a smile to Barbara
          Black's face. She does so much behind the scenes as well as being on top of everything in the forum. She is so appreciated.
          Merry Christmas to all, and 3 cheers to our BOM leader taking us forward to the Garden Party. HelenW

Comment

Originally posted by HelenW View Post
            Yikes!!! I was not expecting to see my name in the newsletter this morning. Just wanting to bring a smile to Barbara
            Black's face. She does so much behind the scenes as well as being on top of everything in the forum. She is so appreciated.
            Merry Christmas to all, and 3 cheers to our BOM leader taking us forward to the Garden Party. HelenW
            Thanks, HelenW. Just shows how all we
            TQS members are one big happy tribe. When you’re here, you’re family!
            Barbara Black
            Huntsville AL
            https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
            "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Terrific and funny poem. Thanks Helen for writing it. Barbara Black certainly deserves the poem for all the wonderful advice and instruction she gives throughout the year. Thanks also to Helen for your helpful advice and beautiful quilts

Comment

Just catching up on posts.This is wonderful, Helen! Both you and Barbara are treasures! Wishing our TQS community a happy and healthy new year!
                Carole B. aka nhbaskets

Comment

Love the poem Helen. Great job!

Comment

Originally posted by sandytn View Post
                    Love the poem Helen. Great job!
                    Thanks Sandy, Are you planning on doing this years BOM? HelenW

Comment

Originally posted by nhbaskets View Post
                      Just catching up on posts.This is wonderful, Helen! Both you and Barbara are treasures! Wishing our TQS community a happy and healthy new year!
                      Carole B, Thanks for the compliment. Seems like this next BOM was made just for you and your fear of your sewing machine.
                      Barbara said the pattern has the dog ear borders done in applique. Sounds like the whole quilt can mostly be done by hand. Have you started
                      thinking about it? I am not really into vases of flowers, so my flower containers might be more like watering cans, wheelbarrows, and who knows what. HelenW

Comment

Originally posted by HelenW View Post

Thanks Sandy, Are you planning on doing this years BOM? HelenW
                        I haven't decided yet. After I finish the two BOMs I am working on, I want to concentrate on smaller projects so I may do the center vase and see what happens. Applique is my favorite technique.

Comment

Originally posted by sandytn View Post

I haven't decided yet. After I finish the two BOMs I am working on, I want to concentrate on smaller projects so I may do the center vase and see what happens. Applique is my favorite technique.
                          Sandy, Like the saying, Bet you can't eat just one! My guess is Bet you can't Make just one Block. HelenW

Comment

• Suzanne L. commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Helen W. I've been admiring your embroidery project. I love the butterfly. I hope you have a wonderful New Year.

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1282 users online. 290 members and 992 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,203   Posts: 154,904   Members: 25312   Active Members: 1,383  
                        Welcome to our newest member, Rivi Shulman-ariels00.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                        X