Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Faces

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by "screenname" post=151780
    Sorry, trying to upload Avitar to message box. I'll have to review.

Comment

Just adore your selvedge hair! So fun! jo

Comment

I finished the top of my face quilt and will be doing the quilting soon. I hope this new picture works. I'm not as computer literate as most of you.
        Enjoy your weekend and stay safe.

Comment

Hi Nanasuz heres the path i finally found, as i am not savvy on computers, i feel your pain!
          From the main page,
          Go to Connect
          Forum
          Recent Topics
          FACES - Learn with Alex
          Reply Topic - write your message
          Attachments - 1. Add file i went to My Files , Pictures, then click
          Submit
          Smile and breathe, xxoo Connie
          Connie Goman 
          Eatsewrun 
          Wasaga Beach, Ontario
          Canada 

Comment

Connie,
            Thanks for your encouragement. I'm trying what you said.
            Hope it works.
            We are all doing the best we can to remain positive.

Comment

Another try.

Comment

I've been working a little slower with my Faces project, but finally got it put together. Really love to read so my background fabric says a lot about me. I used mostly scraps from another project for the face and fat quarters for the background.

Comment

Finished my face. It’s me in my cycle helmet . I had to paint most of the flags as I only had the US one on fabric I bought about 20 years ago on a visit. The other flags are European of all the countries I have cycled or kayaked in. The Bird is one of the flightless New Zealand birds I do have in fabric bought there also about 20 years ago. I really must use more of my stash

Comment

Great! Grandma, They are absolutely marvelous!

Comment

Comment

I guess I got ahead of myself and put the face in before my story.....I am recovering from chem; you might already know and in another relapse....complicated....but I love flowers and quilting....my hub and I are almost at 51 years....we spent our 50th year in chemo and radiation but we are blessed with surviving. I wanted to get this in....it is a work in progress.....I just relaxed today and put things on my board.....we have 9 Grandables.....8 gals and 1 tremendous boy/man at 24.....we were planning on going camping when I got the cancer diagnosis....we had just renovated the camper too.....all black buffalo plaid theme.....fun....>I had just gotten healthy enough from the viral attack 4 years ago to my legs......so I have had to use a walker and wheelchair to get around but now I am walking.....my eyes were watched by a retina Dr and she got them stronger again and I can read and as soon as I see my eye Dr I will be driving....in January....so happy.....but not able to shop due to my low white blood cell count and Covi19......who KNEW!!! when we celebrated last December 27th!!....our 50th....with me getting an IV that day and wearing a mask.....and my hub works in a hospital......SMALL country hospital....and us being both nurses......but God knows and we don't.......we have 3 smiling kids too.......ok that is enough.....I am ready to get out there and volunteer with Cancer support......but gotta wait iike we all do!!!!!!! we are in this together..... Come on 2021!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and yes, I will get this quilted and set up when I get stronger......Hugs and love to all of you......you will never know how you make my body heal along with my mind and Spirit and Thank you John and Alex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Well Alex,, I got my face finished & I am so proud. I quilted the side with the buttons & the top. The yellow I used a decorative stitch. I used the blanket stitch around the face neck, eyes, mouth & used a decorative stitch around the blouse. My husband had an old frame so we framed it in it which was the perfect size & we think looks so good. My label will be Sew Linda. Let me know what you all think. Only the second time I have quilted anything as I am learning.

Comment

HELP I have filled this out about 10 times Can't add my photo !!!!

Comment

HELP I have filled this out about 10 times Can't add my photo !!!! It finally worked ! YEA!
                              Loved this project. My favorite flower is the Sunflower. Vincent Van Gogh , my favorite artist. This was a soul searching project.
                              I sewed my background together used and used Apila-Web to apply my hair and facial features. aaai plan to add other interesting things
                              in the background. Many years ago I did a face out of fabric and used stitchery thread to add interest. Loved that one to.
                              I taught ART for 32 years, painted, quilted and did silversmithing. ART is my thing!
                              Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comment

May I suggest a few things you made from silver dangling from your hair & a necklace. Maybe an art pic or two on the background. just a thought is all. I do love your face.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2207 users online. 281 members and 1926 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25589   Active Members: 1,301  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                                X