Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Faces

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m also afraid of messing up my quilt! Be sure to make some practice Quilt sandwiches to work on first! I roughly drew out the hair shape on a practice sandwhich as that is going to be the most complex if I do fancy stitching on it. That way I will hopefully have more of an idea of what I want to do when I get to the real quilt.

Originally posted by "roxannecooper" post=151403
    I'm going to give your suggestions a shot HelenW and Padma. But I've never done any FMQ before and I'm pretty terrified. LOL.

Comment

Flower Power Gal:

Comment

Gorgeous! Love the colors. Love the flowers. How did you do the great lettering?
        Originally posted by "teresapieceworks" post=151352

Thank you Alex for this face challenge which has taken me out of my comfortable box and helped push my creative limits. I will be making more faces! (I hope this photo isn't sideways!)

Kudos!

Comment

Working on my Freaky Flower Girl face!

Comment

Beautiful Faith!

Comment

Roxanne, I don't free motion quilt. I draw my design on with frixion pens and then just stitch on the lines. You stop with the needle down position to pivot. Hopefully
              you a hover position on your machine, where it stops with needle down, and the presser foot is about 1/8 up so you can pivot easily. Use it all the time. It works great.
              HelenW

Comment

The best advice to myself was to keep telling myself : "don't over think it!" That kept me going and to just have fun. Thank Alex for a fun topic and nicely paced steps!

Comment

Done other then a couple of spots where I want to put a couple of other things in my life once I get the fabric I need. Snippets for hair, things that represent my life i.e. 4 cats, 4 homes, antiquing, quilting, love my shoes, waterfront home, 4 states where we’ve lived, allot of driving, gardens, shop till you drop...which of us doesn’t do that. I never thought I could achieve making a face that looked like anything, guess I was wrong!

Comment

Getting ready to fuse her down. I used circles to represent things about me to the right and top. The circles to the left represent my granddaughters and things we do together. I did not want to cover the hair as it not only represents my natural curl but also the design looks like one of my favorite designs to use when I longarm quilt.

Comment

Done! I stitched almost all of it free motion.

Comment

Done! I stitched almost all of it free motion.

Comment

Used my selvages and thought they'd make perfect hair. The face pin has the initials of my 6 grandkids attached. Had fun doing this.

Comment

I had a real hard time relaxing with this project. I finally let go and just went with the colors.
                            Toni Johnson

Comment

This is my first time posting so I hope I get it right. I had a tough time with the hair - my sons say that I have OCD.
                              Rhonda D.
                              Quilting Grammie

Comment

This was so out of my comfort zone but very fun once I got going. Greetings from Down Under.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2257 users online. 276 members and 1981 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25589   Active Members: 1,300  
                                Welcome to our newest member, Vicki Robles-csadrbls80.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                                X