Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Faces

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by "Lynstitch" post=152028
    Named JUST BE & tells a story: Grew up on farm, was special ed. teacher ,mother, grandmother. Love being quilter & golfer & Christian. Pocket of momentums in front & story of Covid-19 effects.
    You posted this is 2021 BOM Color My World. I moved it here to FACES--Learn with Alex

Whenever you come to the Forum, go to RECENT TOPICS
    Find the Topic you want to post on, go to it
    REPLY TOPIC to put your post in the correct place
    Do not CREATE A NEW TOPIC--unless you are starting a completely new topic not currently active

Barbara Black

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    North Alabama, USA
    "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

I named her Covid Quilter. In one of my Bees we drew names so I will gift her to my friend who has everything but a Crazy Covid quilt.

North Alabama, USA

Comment

She’s finally quilted and faced. This was fun.

Comment

My face is not yet quilted and i haven't been able to get it to open in the topic, but have used it as my avatar. When my hearing started to deteriorate, my husband threatened to get me an ear trumpet! The names of people I want to communicate with can be made with the alphabet letters in the hearts - this is important to me. I added the house and may put an envelope on the back as I haven't had time to do the basket or holiday quilts, but enjoy Alex's Facebook meetings - thank you all at TQS.

Comment

I did some experimenting to capture my dog Penny who passed away this year at 20 human years. I fused an extra layer of batting behind the dog and two extra layers behind her nose to make her poofy. Her blanket is flannel, same as a quilt I made her. I’d normally not mix it with quilt cotton. I stitched Penny’s parts in straight stitch with sparkly gold rayon thread. I quilted some significant shapes into her blanket and quilted the background “radiating” with monofilament which also has a bit of sparkle. The dog tag was hers.
            Susanne

Comment

The year is quickly coming to an end. Finish that adorable

face!!! HelenW

Comment

[quote="karonray" post=152004]I am still going to put pins and some other things on this quilt but the fabric part is done. I had fun and would not have done it with out Alex. The binding was done with two colors, 1 1/2" of blue and 1 3/4" of gold and made to be machine sewn down. Search for flange binding to get instructions.
                Thank you Alex!

I love doing the faux flange binding on quilts. Great job on your Avatar, love your hair.

Comment

a little late with my avatar. Hope this makes the graduating class! This is my first time posting to the forum.

Comment

Wendy62, I moved your post here. You created a new topic rather than putting it in the established Topic.

Barbara Black

North Alabama, USA

Comment

Love this! My eyes are not quite good enough to see if I am in there, but I love that you took the time to make this!!!

Comment

Not sure, but I don’t think mine is there. Posted November 22.
                        Sharon

Comment

I have tweaked my Face. I changed the background fabric and hat. I have added the boots for my brother who left us in August. The hat represents my dad, the sewing machine is for my love of sewing. The flower pin was my mom's. The UP 844 badge is from my working days at the Calif. State Railroad Museum. The cat and dog are for my pets that I no longer have. The earrings are from my favorite baseball team. I plan to tweak some more after Christmas. Oh, yes, the flowered hair is for the red hair I had before turning gray! I have had a lot of fun doing this and thank Alex for spending her time to teach us something new.

Comment

Originally posted by "smiller530" post=152075
                            Not sure, but I don’t think mine is there. Posted November 22.
                            Yes, Smiller530 I did miss your post of your face on Nov. 22. You are now officially added to this unofficial class picture. HelenW

Comment

Helen, I posted a face on Nov 26. Currently it is on page 7. I don’t think it made it to the graduating class picture. Thank you for doing this.

Comment

Finished fun project! Avid quilter, enjoy sharing tea with family, and doing jigsaw puzzles (look closely at quilting in dress).

North Alabama, USA

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2216 users online. 287 members and 1929 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25589   Active Members: 1,301  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                                X