Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Basket Puzzle

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alex,
    Here is a picture of the blue basket quilt I've been working on. I'm learning so much--thanks for all the tips and ideas that are shared in your youtube live. I'm going to do a pieced backing and use the extra baskets i made there. Not sure how I'm going to handle the borders yet, I know I want something simple.
    Mary

Comment

Hi Alex,
      I am loving your show. This is the first quilt I have done with you. It has been a challenge as I don't like to design on my own. I have difficulty matching up colors and patterns. However, after a little organizing, I couldn't work with the baskets going every direction, I am really liking how it is turning out. After I fill in the corners with 8 inch blocks, I am going to set 6 inch blocks to finish the sides so I can complete the sides.
      Thanks for all the tips and encouragement.
      Tricia V

Comment

Magnificent Quilt!!!

Comment

[quote="CarleneR" post=150646]I posted my finished quilt last Friday but you didn’t show it on Friday or Monday so I am posting it again. I put a narrow dashing strip between the quilt and the border to make a bit of separation. I made this border before I saw yours because I had all these scraps.
          CarleneR,
          I love, love, love the way your patriotic looking basket quilt turned out. I really hope that Alex takes notice and show it on her next lesson. You and Alex think alike in a lot of
          ways, but different in others. I really like the way you put the pinwheels in the corners of the border and both used the rectangle pieced border. Your quilt seems a little more symmetrical with balance, but you used all
          the ideas that Alex also thought of but before she did them in her classes. Great minds think alike!!! Alex seems to like the unplanned look but gut instinct that tells her, I like this.
          I do like your narrow, narrow border between the blocks and the outside border. Back when Alex did the Kaffe Mystery classes, she mentioned that she does not show all
          the forum photos, she goes on before her class starts and just pulls some. She does not read the posts attached a lot of the time, since she makes comments that she would
          not have made if she had read the posts. She is wonderfully kind and incredibly generous with her knowledge and time. If you want to get your quilt picture noticed post
          a copy of it in the Basket Puzzle Learn with Alex area of the forum about 3 hours before the upcoming class starts. Those are the ones she usually pulls out to show. Beautiful job on your quilt.
          HelenW

Comment

I finished my Basket
            Susanne

Comment

My brain is fried....so many decisions!

Comment

Busy quilting for customers, but wanted to join in and make a basket! Eye candy for Halloween!

Comment

Magnificent!! Enjoy your fall tablesettings!

Comment

First time to participate in something like this and it was a great experience!
                    Here is my quilt, need to decide about borders next.

Comment

Very nice. You might consider putting a flange of the beige polka dot next to your final border.

Comment

Sarasue, very nice, I love the squares!

Comment

Hi, it's Kim, from Vermont - This is my 3rd "quilt along" with Alex during COVID and I am loving it! I've learned so many helpful hints and my piecing has improving greatly - after 25+ years of quilting! Here's my basket quilt in progress . . . I am still making baskets and filler pieces like 1/2 square triangles, etc. Also, found a piece of fabric in my stash designed by Mary Koval. Does anyone recognize it? I only have 1/2 the selvage to see her name on it and Blank Textiles. I'm using it sparingly to add a dash of contrast.

Comment

Putting these up for comments. My first time doing an online quilt along and I have learned so much from Alex. I live in a fairly remote area and haven’t had many opportunities to have someone of Alex’s caliber to learn from.
                            These blocks are made from my stash of mostly reproduction fabrics with some dots and plaids thrown in for whimsy. I still have the cherry baskets to sew and the filler pieces. I’m considering using more of the floral stripe that is in a few of the baskets as a small sashing to tie the baskets together. It’s a floral stripe by Margo Krager.

Thanks!
                            Judy S

Comment

So beautiful! It's scrappy, but goes together perfectly! Yes, there are some Silver Linings to the pandemic. Taking classes with Alex Anderson has certainly been an amazing experience during the pandemic. Have SEW much fun!!

Comment

Hi, it’s Janet
                                I’ve really enjoyed learning some new tricks and remembering ones I’d forgotten from Alex. Also it’s been great to see all the beautiful quilts everyone is making! This is the first time I’ve posted and hopefully my picture works. I don’t have room for a design wall so use a spare bed.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2072 users online. 203 members and 1869 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25585   Active Members: 1,289  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                                X