Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Kaffe Mystery Quilt

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For Alex Anderson: I started watching this video series on Facebook while in the hospital. Unfortunately, I was unable to take notes. I saw that you had made notes on the Quick and Easy Block Tool book. Have these notes been posted? They looked important, and I hesitate to purchase the book unless I can access them. Thanks very much!

Comment

Love your bordered Kaffe blocks.

Comment

bbauwens. Love your Aboriginal. They are perfect with the blocks you have made!

Comment

Always wanted to work with Kaffe fabrics. Couldn't wait to cut into them, so I used them with the solids in the blocks. So much fun!

Comment

I am now playing with settings for my blocks/ Even though I have eight blocks left cut out and sew. Thus far I have come up with three possible settings. My favorite of the three is the one with the fish all going in the same direction. Any thoughts?

pines/elaine
            fish one direction

stars

fish in two directions

Comment

Originally posted by "KimmieZ" post=149263
              For Alex Anderson: I started watching this video series on Facebook while in the hospital. Unfortunately, I was unable to take notes. I saw that you had made notes on the Quick and Easy Block Tool book. Have these notes been posted? They looked important, and I hesitate to purchase the book unless I can access them. Thanks very much!
              The notes are Alex's notes to herself, they have not been posted. Everything she has to teach has been shown in the videos. The book also has a lot of great info, look in the back.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
              North Alabama, USA
              "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Originally posted by "cjmoore" post=149253
                Three more blocks to go before I decide on a border.
                I love you setting!

pines/elaine

Comment

Martinjm - I just love your quilt. Gorgeous fabrics!

Comment

Hi, Pines....I really like the fish going 2 ways. For my eye, it seems to make the pieced blocks show up more. Beautiful ideas you have!
                    Given a choice, Choose Joy……

Comment

I have only done 4 blocks so far because my sewing room was invaded by a mosquito (I am allergic to mosquito bites, yikes. lol) and so I sewed these 4 by hand instead of machine.
                      Now that I started them by hand, and enjoyed doing the handwork, I may just finish the rest of the blocks the same way. It will take me longer to get all my blocks done, but it's relaxing doing the handwork and I like it.
                      I used the Kaffe fabric as the focal point in the blocks so far, and may do some filler blocks with the Kaffe in snowball blocks, not sure as I haven't gotten that far into the process yet.
                      Dsar

Comment

Thanks Barbara! Are the notes Alex made regarding errors in the book? Or, do they just pertain to the quilt in discussion?
                        Dsar

Comment

I agree with your first choice, Pines. Lovely!

Comment

Pines/Elaine - I find the fish a bit distracting - there's already so much going on in this quilt with the bright colors and prints, not to mention the many different blocks. I love scrappy quilts, but I prefer the star setting here. It quiets the impact just enough

Diane

Comment

LOL, I thought I knew just what I was going to do until I saw your layout JanaPratt! LOVE it. While I've done too many with white to 'dismiss' them,I am thinking I just have to try your setting. I think it really makes the most of both the beauty of the blocks as well as the beauty of the Kaffes! THanks

Comment

although there are new blocks to do (Spool + others), my quilt was saying 'I'm done' also - as others' have said. And sashing with special corner stones (look closely) and outside HST seemed to pull it all together. Will wrap a bit more green around the edges - a 'border' that doesn't look like a border, just to float the big squares a bit more. Thinking yet to quilt it...mmm... Thanks Alex and the whole crew for all you have done to help us grow in skills and confidence! Love it!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2255 users online. 265 members and 1990 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25589   Active Members: 1,300  
                                Welcome to our newest member, Vicki Robles-csadrbls80.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                                X