Hand Embroidery is the art of decorative stitching on fabric with needle and thread. There are many types of floss, yarn and fibers to stitch with, as well as a plethora of stitches to use. Hand Embroidery adds a decorative element to quilts, garments and accessories. Hand embroidery has been used by quilters on all types of quilts from crazy quilts, applique quilts and pieced quilts, traditional as well as modern or contemporary quilts. Embroidery may include ribbons, beads and buttons. There are many resources for hand embroidery stitches. Hand embroidery can be decorative as well as practical.
Benefits of Hand Embroidery
- Hand Embroidery adds design elements on quilts and garments.
- Embroidery stitches can enhance applique with details.
- Embroidery can be used to cover seams in Crazy Quilts.
Tools and Supplies Hand Embroidery
- Hand Embroidery Hoop
- Hand Embroidery needles and Thimbles
- Hand Embroidery floss, Pearl Cotton, Linen and other fibers
What I Wish I Knew When I Started Hand Embroidery
HAND EMBROIDERY can upgrade a simple mend. In addition, Hand Embroidery and other hand work can be very relaxing.