Scrap Quilts are quilts, usually pieced, that are made from a wide variety of fabrics, in various colors and designs. The quilt may be made from one Bloc design or different designs. Scrap Quilts can be carefully planned by color and design or improvisational in design.
Benefits of Scrap Quilts
- Scrap Quilts are a great way to use up fabrics left over from previous projects.
- Small as well as large fabric pieces can be incorporated into Scrap Quilts.
Supplies and Tools for Scrap Quilts
You'll need the following for Scrap Quilts:
- Basis sewing supplies include: Fabric
- Needles and Thread
- Patterns and Templates
- Rotary Cutter, Mat and Rulers
- Sewing Machine, if desired
What I Wished I Knew When I Started Scrap Quilts
SCRAP QUILTS are fun to make and a great use of fabric scraps. Creating a Scrap Quilt can take time to decide on fabric and color arrangement. A design wall is very helpful when making design decisions.