Ergonomics for Quilters
Understanding Ergonomics for Quilters can help you set up your work space to feel comfortable and prevent aches, pains and injuries while you sew and quilt. From the height of your cutting surface and position of your sewing chair, to the way you stand, move, lift, cut, and sew; understanding the Ergonomics of Quilting and value of correct posture and simple stretches is important. As time marches on our ergonomic needs change; lighting needs to be sufficient for the work at hand and you might consider 3 hole scissors. Implementing an ergonomic work space and using ergonomically designed tools will allow you to sew for long stretches of time without pain or fatigue.
Benefits of Ergonomics for Quilters
- Relief from neck pain from a sewing chair that's too low!
- No more back pain from bending over a cutting table!
- Using tools and lighting that are ergonomically designed.
- Enjoy sewing for longer periods of time with great Ergonomics!
Tools and Supplies for Ergonomics for Quilters
- An adjustable chair is key for good Ergonomics for Quilters.
- An adjustable table for cutting - get the height that is right for you.
- Sewing Machine set up at the right height with room for the project you are working on.
- Tools for Quilters that are Ergonomically designed.
What I Wish I Knew When I Started using Ergonomics for Quilters
You can make small inexpensive ERGONOMIC changes and purchases and achieve big results.