Gelli Plate Printing
Gelli Plate Printing uses a gelatin plate to press to fabric or paper. The process is easy as the paint is put on the gelli surface, spread out with a brayer then a variety of stencils and other textureal objects are placed on the gelli plate, removed and placed on the fabric. The stencil leaves a texture or pattern on the gelli plate that is transferred to what you are printing on. The stencils can be placed on the fabric or paper as well for a different effect. There are an infinite variety of ways to use Gelli Plate printing with a wide variety of inks, stencils or really anything to add texture, and printing techniques. The Gelli Plate is a reusable printing surface made of a non-perishable gel. Depending on the paint or other medium used - clean up is easy.
Benefits of Gelli Plates
- Gelli Plate Printing is versatile since the Gelli Plates come in many different sizes and shapes.
- The Gelli Plates can be used with a wide variety of paint and printing mediums.
- Stencils, stamps and other objects with texture can be used to create the designs.
- Using Gelli Plates makes you the fabric designer, as you can print over existing designs on fabric or create your own.
Tools and Supplies for Gelli Plate Printing
You can't do Gelli Plate Printing without these items:
- Gelli Plate
- Brayer (a hand tool with a roller on a handle that spreads the paint on the surface for printing)
- Fabric or paper
- Stencils, popsicle sticks and other items that will add texture and design to your finished work
What I Wish I Knew When I Started Gelli Plate Printing
GELLI PLATE PRINTING is fun for adult and kids! You can add words, but need to write backwards to read them once printed.