Facing a Quilt
Facing a Quilt is a method of finishing the edge of a quilt. A strip of facing fabric is sewn to the front of a quilt and turned to the back so that none of the facing fabric shows on the front. A Facing provides an alternative to traditional binding.
Benefits of a Facing a Quilt
- Facing a Quilt provides a clean edge to a quilt without the frame of binding.
- A Facing is a way to finish a quilt that has a design that goes off the edge.
- A facing is a great way to finish an Art Quilt.
- Facing a Quilt also finishes the edge where Prairie Points or Scallops are added to the edge of a quilt.
Tools and Supplies for Facing a Quilt
- Basic Sewing Supplies will be needed for Facing a Quilt.
- Rotary cutter, ruler, self healing mat
- Sewing Machine
What I Wish I knew When I Started a Facing a Quilt
FACING A QUILT is an easy alternative finishing method when using prairie points on the edge of a quilt.