According to the dictionary, a Wall Hanging is a large decorative piece of fabric or other material to be hung on the wall of a room. But to quilters, it usually means a quilt made to be hung on the wall for display. The average size wall hanging is 30" wide and 42" long, however Wall Hangings can be any size. The quilt can be made in any style with any of the many quilting techniques that require care for cleaning.
Benefits of a Wall Hanging
- A Wall Hanging adds texture and color to a room and can be made to compliment any home or office.
- A Wall Hanging can be used as seasonal decor.
- A Wall Hanging can be used for celebrations ie. birthdays or graduation as well as capture a special memory.
Tools and Supplies for Wall Hanging
You'll need the following to hang your Wall Hanging:
- A quilt made to be hung on the wall.
- Sleeve on the back of your quilt
- A way to secure the quilt to the wall, like a curtain rod and hangers.
- Supplies for hanging the quilt, like nails, hooks, etc...
What I Wish I Knew When I Started making a Wall Hanging
Use a WALL HANGING as seasonal decor. Hang the quilt in a location that has good light, but no direct sunlight.