What are Settings
Settings or quilt settings, refer to the way quilts blocks are arranged and sewn together in a quilt. Some examples are:
- Straight Set- blocks are set in straight horizontal and vertical rows
- On Point- blocks are set in diagonal rows
- Medallion- Blocks and borders are surrounding a center block
- Sashed or sashing- strips of fabric are between each of the blocks
- Alternating blocks- Pieced blocks with plain or pieced blocks between them
Benefits of Settings
- Settings can create secondary designs
- Sashed settings can increase the size of your quilt
Tools and Supplies for Settings
- Design wall to layout and view your Settings.
What I Wish I Knew When I Started adjusting the Settings
Trying new SETTINGS can make your quilts more interesting. Using a camera or mobile phone to capture your setting options will help you to decide what you like best.