Monochromatic Quilts - One Color Quilts
A Monochromatic Quilt or One Color Quilt is made predominantly from one color family.
Benefits of Monochromatic Quilts
- Monochromatic Quilts have a wonderful effect on the viewer. Blue Quilts and Red Quilts are very traditional colors for monochromatic quilts. Staying in one color can create stunning results based on value & print.
- Fabrics in one color family
- The quilts are most often pieced quilts so:
- Rotary cutter and mat
- Threads in the color family
- synthrapol in case of color bleeding
- Shout color catchers
Tools and Supplies for Monochromatic Quilts
When making Monochromatic Quilts, you may need the following tools and supplies.
What I Wish I Knew When I Started making Monochromatic Quilts
It is very important to have good white fabrics to bring out the sparkle or feel in One Color Quilts. It's a good idea, especially if you are using red, to prewash to prevent color bleeding.