A Braid Quilt, also known as a Friendship Braid or French Braid quilt,is comprised of strips of fabric that are sewn together on an angle that have the appearance of being woven. There are many techniques for making braid quilts and designs can be simple or complex.
Benefits of a Braid Quilt
- A simple Braid Quilt is a great way to use leftover strips of fabric.
- Braid Quilts can also be used for Table Runners or as a Wall Quilt.
- Braid Quilts can be traditional or modern in style depending on fabric selection.
- Braid quilts are not always made using a 45 degree angle.
Tools and Supplies for a Braid Quilt
To make a Braid Quilt you will need just the basics, really:
- Basic Sewing Supplies
- Sewing machine
- Rotary Cutter, ruler, self healing mat
What I Wish I Knew When I Started a Braid Quilt
You can make a BRAID QUILT with half hexagon pieces!