Basic Sewing Supplies
Basic Sewing Supplies are the necessary tools needed by every quilter and sewist. They include pins, needles, thread, thimble, scissors, seam ripper, marking tools, rulers, tape measure in a storage or travel container. They can also include items for your sewing machine, like machine needles, small screw driver and instruction manual. Often Basic Sewing Supplies is listed as an item on a sewing or quilting class supply list along with specific supplies needed for the class or project.
Benefits of Basic Sewing Supplies
- Basic Sewing Supplies are a necessity for sewing!
- Basic Sewing Supplies may also be tailored to the type of quilting or sewing to be done.
- Note that pins, needles and scissors are plural. There is no "one pin does it all" or "you only need one pair of scissors". These essential tools are tailored to specific tasks and it is wise to invest in the right tools for the job at hand.
Tools and Supplies to have Basic Sewing Supplies
This is just quick list of Basic Sewing Supplies:
- Pins and needles, both hand and machine needles
- Selection of threads
- Scissors and a seam ripper
- Marking tools
Basic Sewing Supplies and Tools for a class, workshop or retreat will also include:
- Sewing Machine, with the instruction manual, and bobbins
- Rotary Cutter and self-healing mat
- Rulers and Templates
- Selection of fabric which is sure to grow!
- Iron and ironing surface
- Organizers - keep everything handy, labeled and easy to find.
What I Wish I Knew When I Started investing in Basic Sewing Supplies
Having a BASIC SEWING SUPPLIES dedicated for taking to class makes life easier. Purchase the best quality Tools and Supplies you can afford as they can make your projects much easier and some, like good scissors, can last a lifetime.
Maintain your Tools! Get your scissors sharpened, keep a back up blade for your rotary cutter and change it as needed, give your Sewing Machine a "Spa Day" to keep it in great shape!