BlockBase+ Quilt Block Printing Software from Electric Quilt
BlockBase+ Block Printing Software
View and print pictures, templates, rotary cutting charts, and foundation patterns for more than 4000 quilt blocks, all of which are included in Barbara Brackman's Third Edition of the Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns book (which makes a great companion to the software!).
Barbara’s decades of research is available to you in this organized and user-friendly software for Windows® and Mac® computers. Packed with complete publication information for each block, robust search features, exporting and printing capabilities — it’s the perfect quilting tool for all skill levels!
- VIEW BLOCKS - Take a “scroll” through 4,264 blocks organized in categories of One Patch, Non-Square, Fans, Wheels, Stars, and many more! Zoom in on a block to see it in full detail! Learn the original published names for each block and from what source each was first published. Some blocks have multiple names and sources!
- FIND BLOCKS - BlockBase+ comes with advanced search features! If you have the Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns from Barbara Brackman, you can use the search feature to find a block based on the Brackman ID listed in the book. Or you can search by keyword, source, or category (skill level, piecing style, etc.) to scour the database for blocks based on specific criteria.
- PRINT BLOCKS - BlockBase+ is a block-printing powerhouse! Choose to print a picture of the block, templates, rotary cutting chart, or foundation pattern — in any size! Each printing style comes with customizable settings so your printout fits your needs. Enter the desired finished size and seam allowance, then print! Use the interactive print preview to move and rotate pattern pieces on the pages. Add new pages if necessary! Include a 1-inch scale square to ensure your printouts are true to size! Not ready to print and sew? Save your customized preview as a PDF file to come back to later!
- EXPORT BLOCKS - Every block can be exported as a low- or high-resolution PNG or JPG file to use in documents, on the web, or just to show your friends the next block you plan to sew! If you have a fabric cutter, BlockBase+ can export SVG files for use in fabric-cutting machines. Choose the size and save the file for your cutter!
- PREVIEW LAYOUTS - Choose a block to view in 7 pre-designed quilt layouts. The selected block will display in a simple click-through dialog so you can preview that block in different settings. You’ll be amazed by the secondary designs created when some of these blocks are repeated in a layout!
The BlockBase+ package contains a single-user software download license and instructions for claiming the download and installing. License is non-transferable once claimed. Customers receive both Mac® and Windows® versions of BlockBase+ upon purchasing.
Electric Quilt Software NOT required, but EQ8 owners can link BlockBase+ to their EQ8 if they wish.
BlockBase+ will not run on Chromebooks or any devices running Android or iOS.
BlockBase+ requires Windows® or Mac® operating systems, as listed below
MacOS Big Sur (11), Catalina (10.15), Mojave (10.14)
Internet Access Required
Internet access required for downloading, activating, periodic validation, and accessing the support materials. You can be disconnected from the internet for general use of the software.
Unlimited installations. Two (2) computers may be simultaneously active. Activations can be easily transferred between computers.
250 MB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation.
Screen resolution of 1280 x 720, or greater.
Additional Product Information
No media device included.
UPC: 6 57920 44355 6
Country of Origin: USA