We've said this to our kids many times. Now it's our turn. TQS did articles in the past on organization and you have books and articles you have read over the years. So it is NOT a lack of information that is cluttering your life. It is lack of motivation. So today we are becoming your personal trainer.
Let's start with your office. This week (today) get your office organized. Here is how. First attack the paper mess.
Get 4 folders and a trash can. Label the folders:
- Bills - This will include anything banking plus all bills.
- Reading - This is for items you need to read but haven't gotten to yet.
- Activities - This is for quilting, art, family activities, and church.
- Filing - Items that just need to be filed. Be sure they need to be kept. Many things are now retrievable on your computer.
- Trash Can - Be vicious. Throw everything away that doesn't make you cry to part with.
KEY: Don't work on any of the papers. Put them in the folders and get the mess organized. This should not take more than 15 minutes - 2 hours. Once you finish you will have a good idea of what needs to be worked on right now.