Last Chance to See "Uncovered: The Ken Burns Collection"
Mr. Burns is set to discuss his quilt collection with the museum March 2, 2022 during a special virtual event. You can register online at RiverfrontMuseum.org.
Along with the Ken Burns exhibit will be:
- A rotating 'featured quilt' by makers from the area to be displayed in museum's foyer. Quilts will represent a variety of genres (traditional, appliqué, modern, etc.). Several of these quilts have won national awards and/or been featured in publications.
- A display case featuring approximately 30 toy sewing machines.
- A decoy carvers exhibit (Masterworks of the Illinois River) featuring the works the most notable carvers from across the country.
Quilt Related Programs
- Senior (60+) Morning Lecture Series-Teresa Duryea Wong: Hello Modern Art, Meet Antique Quilts, March 16 at 10:30am. The seniors will be in person, Teresa will Zoom. http://www.peoriariverfrontmuseum.org/classes-programs/senior-days
- Plans for Teresa to hold an in-person program. TBD
- Linzee Kull McCray (Show 2408) will be a featured speaker with a lecture on Feed sacks. April 2@ at 2:00 p.m
- Members of the Gems of the Prairie Quilters Guild are partnering with the museum exhibition. They will be docents for the exhibit, and give quilting demonstrations every Saturday from 1-3 in the foyer of the museum.
See full press release below: