"Why did you change the website?". On this day of Thanksgiving, first let me thank you for your patience. The site is going to be evolving over the next 6 months, and I know you will like where we are heading. Here are some reasons for the change:
- Number 1 is that Webmaster Bob created the original site in 2007 from scratch. The computer language is an older language and would be hard for a new programmer to come in and take over. As the site grew, Bob just hand created each section. We can't run the business thinking Webmaster Bob is with us forever. That was our first reason for the change.
- The new language is in modules. We have certain modules now and we can add more. Bob doesn't have to create each from scratch.
- We wanted to improve the ability of the entire membership to exchange ideas, pictures, and techniques. We have added this ability, but we are still learning how it works. We have hired a moderator to learn all the features of the new forum and the new community. She will be teaching us all how to use it soon.
- We want people to join, and even create, groups. You will have Public groups to learn together and private groups for fun. We interviewed a group that left MSN and they told us what they would like the site to do. We are working on their suggestions now.
- We had a major glitch at the start. The outside programmers missed an important problem and it exploded when the site went live. Webmaster Bob has been working 15 hours a day to add a new module and throw out the original membership and store systems. They are now up and running. You can join and renew fast and easy now (and get $10 Off at Superior Threads). You can also get our Black Friday deals in the new shop. Yes, we added Paypal as you requested.
- We have an amazing program of new shows, interviews, projects, and tools to present to you. We are going to use the new architecture and new modules and programs to make learning quilting even easier and faster.
- We appreciate your input, suggestions, and even your complaints. We are using all of them to tweak the site to your preferences. You will see a lot of changes each week.
- To those who are having some trouble with the videos, we are working with Vimeo to get them fixed. The videos were the one thing we didn't change!! But apparently Vimeo made some changes exactly at the same time. Your iPads should work again. We had one person tell us that the HD is working backwards for her. If she clicks it on, it is actually off. If the video is choppy, click the HD button even if it shows off and see if that fixes it.
Again, thank you for your patience and feedback. We have wonderful content coming your way and it will be worth the pain of webbirth.