If you scan this quilt with a QR code reader on your smart phone, you will be taken to my blog, Riverwoods Ramblings. It is made up of 1089 2-inch squares. It is machine pieced and macheine quilted in the ditch.
This quilt is a half-size version ot the Block of the Month 2014, by Janet Stone. As I chose my colors each month, I saw the "sea" theme developping, so I changed some of the blocks to fit with that theme: the S with a Storm-at-sea block, the N with a Nautilus block, and the H with a house by the sea. I changed a few elements in the borders: I chose starfish and a few seashells, and the bottom border is completely different and has my favorite block, the Mariner's compas.
This quilt was made as a housewarming/friendship quilt for a dear friend in the UK. We met through TQS and although we have never met "In Person" we share many interests such as quilting, The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones. . . and we are both retired nurses. Here's to you Yvonne Jenkins!
I made a quilt for a friend going through medical treatment. She likes bison and archaeology, and this bison panel seemed perfect, so I purchased 2 panels. I wanted to create borders that would augment the design, but not take away from it. I made this second quilt for myself. While not complex, it shows how you can use a panel to create a quilt by adding interesting borders.
This is my Hex Button 1 Quilt, it is a small wall hanging. Hexies are paper pieced, using my hand painted fabrics. (Handpainted by myself!) Some hexagons are appliqued to the background.
The buttons are from my button collection. It was machine quilted on my Brother PQ1500 Sewing machine.
Cotton fabrics, cotton batting. Hand dyed perle embroidery thread for tying the buttons. Cotton quilting thread.
I started the piecing in 2015, and finished the quilt in 2017 for an online "Modern Mini Quilt Challenge" through the Wisconsin Quilt Expo, Nancy Zieman. It was great motivation for finishing my little quilt!
Saw similair quilt on Pinterest there was not pattern using lots of 2½" strips (traded at quilt guild for years) I charted out the design. Husband had challenged me to "use up all my leftover pieces" so that is what is on the back. He likes the back better. It was not easy sewing the back because there are lots of different angles and lots of strech when basting and quilting. Just used a simple Serpintine stitch for quilting.
I made this quilt after I took an online quilt class that Lea McComas did on The Quilt Show. It is based on a picture I took f my grandson when he was 18 months old. He was at my backdoor looking out the window of the storm door. It made me think of him looking out at all the possibilities in his future. This quilt was juried into and exhibited at both AQS Quiltweek Daytona 2018 and AQS Quiltweek Spring Paducah 2018. Though it did not win any prizes, I felt it was a winner just being in these two AQS shows.
This was inspired by my Berner puppy Casey's first walk in the fall leaves. Background is crazy pieced with batiks. The leaves are from the fabrics I paint in the hot summer months. His body is raw edge applique. I used 40wt. rayon for the thread painting and the leave background.
Worked on this quilt for two years. I made the quilt as a wedding present to a couple who climb mountains and are outdoor athletes. Their favorite color is blue. I saw the mountains in "Twist-and-Turn Bargello Quilts" by Eileen Wright. I only did the mountain peaks and down the side of the mountains. I used McKenna Ryan fabric "Starry Night" for the sky. The gradients fabric worked perfect for the sun coming up or the sun setting. I cut strips,sewing them vertical instead of bargello the fabrics. The Lake, I found fabric that I thought looked like a water, these strips of fabrics are sewn horizontal. Clip art on the computer aided in pine tree design, bear and deer. I printed out the design I liked. Then drew the design on Heat n Bond. Ironed on fabric I would like to use. Then ironed on the Quilt. I Thread painted a eagle in the quilt between the pine Trees. The flying geese I thought was a good idea for the border with the outdoor theme. Meckeena Ryans gradient fabric used to make the center of all four sides white and gradually gets darker blue to the corners. The quilting I had ideas and the long armed did a great job. I did swirls for the white snow tops with a different bead sewn in each swirl. Four different beads used to had shine and sparkle. Flang is used to separate the center design to start the borders. Black piping done to end the borders with a dark blue binding.