Our Sponsors

The Handmade Quilt - Progress Pictures

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Handmade Quilt - Progress Pictures

Share Pictures of your Handmade Quilt work in progress here. We can't wait to see!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4887.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	0
ID:	894163 Dee and TQS: thank you for offering this skill-building project. I plan a combo approach, some hand piecing, some machine piecing. I am not a fan of blue, but love red. (My multiple attempts to upload photo have failed miserably. Likely operator error!)

Treza, I look forward to see how your blocks come together!
      Last edited by Terri S.; 09-25-2022, 10:42 AM.
      Terri S.
      Quilting is my daily fiber therapy.

Comment

Hi Dee! I'm excited to start this new project. I'm joining a couple of weeks late, but hope to catch up quickly. I'm going to combine techniques to complete my quilt, both hand and machine piecing. I've been wanting to make a Christmas quilt in red and green for a few years and I think this is the project to do that. My book says it will be here tomorrow, so I hope to zoom through these first few blocks. I'll post my progress ASAP.

Treza, I love the red and cream. Can't wait to see more of your work.

This project looks great!

Comment

• Dee C. commented
          Editing a comment
          I am so glad you are excited. I too think it is an exciting quilt and the challenge is a good one.
          Dee

I'm using red, green, and gray in my Christmas version. I'm also trying to make it really scrappy. I skipped ahead and haven't done my HST and QST blocks yet, but I finished my churn dash and am really happy with how it came out.

Comment

• Dee C. commented
          Editing a comment
          Your color way looks great. Keep up the good work.
          Dee

I'm caught up with my half square triangles and quarter square triangles. I'm not sure I'm that happy with now NOT scrappy the QSTs are because I sewed them starting with two squares. But, I know it will look very different when it all comes together, so I'll wait and see. And, I finished my shoo fly as well.

Comment

• Treza commented
          Editing a comment
          Cant wait to see this come together. Its beautiful

Comment

I'm still working on accuracy but feeling improved. Love the hand sewing and portability of it.
          I'm really enjoying seeing all the different colour ways.

Comment

• Lynne R. commented
            Editing a comment
            Treza, That's a lot of hand sewing. Good job! I especially like your background fabric choice. Looks great.

• Dee C. commented
            Editing a comment
            I think accuracy is a lifelong learning process. Several of these blocks are definitly easier when you hand piece them in my opinion.
            Dee

Thanks Lynne
          I havnt hand sewed for a long time. Enjoying the portability of it.

Comment

Finished the Radiant Star. Struggled with getting this one together and flat.

Comment

I hand stitched the Spools Block. It was fun. I was nervous about it and it came out great. Looking forward to trying the next hand piecing block as well.

Comment

Love the colour ways.

Comment

Hello Everyone,
                  The Amish Star I know has been a challenge for some of you. Keep at it and don't get discouraged. Slow and Steady! The templates are accurate. Line up your dots or where the lines cross, even if they don't look right at first. It does come together.
                  Dee

Comment

I’m done with the Amish Star. I think I’m going to struggle to get it set in the quilt because some of my 1/4” seam allowances at the points are wonky. But I completely started over once. I really struggled with feeling like I had the correct pieces turned the correct way in the correct spots. Happy with the look but the craftsmanship is a bit loose.

Comment

This reply by [email protected] has been deleted by [email protected]

16 Patch Star
                      Attached Files

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 879 users online. 297 members and 582 guests.

Most users ever online was 7,765 at 04:22 PM on 04-08-2022.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,011   Posts: 151,069   Members: 21967   Active Members: 2,114  
                    Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                    X