Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ricky's Flying Geese method

Re: Ricky's Flying Geese method 28 Nov 2014 08:17 #124008

• AuntJo
  • Thank you received: 35
I really enjoyed this method, I made a few small quilts and still have to sew another 1 together.
Ricky had mentioned different sizes in one of their magazine issues , I just can't find it. If anyone has this info I'd appreciate it..
Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Ricky's Flying Geese method 11 Feb 2014 06:28 #115599

• sewmarti
  • Thank you received: 21
It's also under Classroom section. I just watched it yesterday.

Re: Ricky's Flying Geese method 11 Feb 2014 01:03 #115597

I'm so happy to know about this method in order to locate topics I'm interested in. Thank you Renata; I did not know about this method.....going to Daily Blog, clicking on the Search button and then typing in the topic of interest. :)

Re: Ricky's Flying Geese method 05 Feb 2014 08:06 #115328

Terrific idea suggesting going to Daily Blog then click search button and type in the topic. I did not know about this easy access, so thank you Renata. I also thank Margo for her suggestion as well. I was hesitant in asking the question about how to locate certain topics, but now I'm glad I asked. Thanks ladies!

Re: Ricky's Flying Geese method 05 Feb 2014 07:50 #115327

• Margo
  • Thank you received: 10
Thanks for the reminder, Renata! :D

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Re: Ricky's Flying Geese method 05 Feb 2014 07:47 #115326

• Renata
  • Thank you received: 258
I don't even keep a list. If I want to find which show has Ricky's flying geese demo, I go to Daily Blog, click on the search button, type in "flying geese" and mark the search to give me shows only. A list of shows that include flying geese will come up (with summary). If you quickly glance through the summaries, you will readily see which show has Ricky demonstrating his method with flying geese. For me, keeping a list is too time consuming because the search function has proven sufficiently reliable for my needs.

Re: Ricky's Flying Geese method 05 Feb 2014 07:45 #115325

Sounds like a good idea.....but, I thought I'd ask, in case I missed something. Wish I had started that list of favorite topics with the first season. :)

Re: Ricky's Flying Geese method 05 Feb 2014 07:36 #115324

• Margo
  • Thank you received: 10
Grandmere wrote:
So, now that we all know it's in Series 107, which I'm grateful for the Flying Geese information, how do you ladies propose that we remember that Series number? Do you have an organized method for referencing particular topics on the Quilt Show? In this case, it's fairly easy to remember to go to "Just Ricky"; however, there have been other topics I'd like to re-watch; however, there isn't a list to reference each topic with the pertinent show. :)

No, I'm sorry but there is not a list available on the site, but there are several of us who have created out own lists and when someone asks for a specific topic, usually one of us can come up with the relevant show. I suggest that you create your own personal list of shows that you want to reference and add to it when you see something that is of particular interest to you!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Re: Ricky's Flying Geese method 05 Feb 2014 04:37 #115321

So, now that we all know it's in Series 107, which I'm grateful for the Flying Geese information, how do you ladies propose that we remember that Series number? Do you have an organized method for referencing particular topics on the Quilt Show? In this case, it's fairly easy to remember to go to "Just Ricky"; however, there have been other topics I'd like to re-watch; however, there isn't a list to reference each topic with the pertinent show. :)

Re: Ricky's Flying Geese method 04 Feb 2014 13:47 #115282

My bad. I went back and watched it again. The first time around, I musta been multi-tasking or something (imagine that!) and I missed seeing the extra 1/4" when they were assembling the block before sewing. Then, when they showed the finished blocks all lined up together, the camera angle didn't make it easy (for me, anyway) to see the extra 1/4" seam allowance at the tops.

Thanks.... glad I got 'er figured out. :)

Re: Ricky's Flying Geese method 04 Feb 2014 10:41 #115257

I'm going back to look at it again. When I watched it, I musta missed a fold or something... because I thought I saw that unfold to the point being on the very edge. I'll report back. :)

Re: Ricky's Flying Geese method 04 Feb 2014 01:02 #115226

• twiglet
  • Thank you received: 538
They wouldn't be if the geese fabric was placed 1/4" from the top.

I just watched the video and he does place the folded fabric 1/4" from the top so the seam allowance will be there :D

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Confused! Re: Ricky's Flying Geese method 03 Feb 2014 22:26 #115224

OK... I just saw that episode.

But someone correct me if I'm all messed up... but the finished Flying Geese pieces he made didn't have a seam allowance margin factored in. The points of the geese were right up to the edge of the piece.

Re: Ricky's Flying Geese method 04 Jan 2014 05:52 #113994

• Zarah
  • Thank you received: 30
I feel like it was a bit of cheating because I saw the show just the night before the question was asked :lol: Glad it helped

living in Central Denmark
Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.328 seconds