Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: fun discovery -- Ricky, I owe you a huge thank you!!

Re: fun discovery -- Ricky, I owe you a huge thank you!! 12 Oct 2013 06:11 #111215

• loise98
  • Thank you received: 267
Happy Birthday. Nice work! Loving what you are doing!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: fun discovery -- Ricky, I owe you a huge thank you!! 12 Oct 2013 05:29 #111213

• twiglet
  • Thank you received: 536
Happy Birthday have a good day :D

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Re: fun discovery -- Ricky, I owe you a huge thank you!! 12 Oct 2013 04:24 #111210

• Zarah
  • Thank you received: 30
Happy Birthday, Heather. I hope you have a wonderful day :D .

living in Central Denmark
Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Re: fun discovery -- Ricky, I owe you a huge thank you!! 11 Oct 2013 23:27 #111208

• lotti
  • Thank you received: 245
:P Happy birthday Heather!
Washing you good health, good fun, success in your Quilty and all other endeavors, and many many smiles!
:P :P :P

Re: fun discovery -- Ricky, I owe you a huge thank you!! 10 Oct 2013 15:53 #111138

thanks so much you guys!! I'm having fun with this one, and I can see how much I've improved in my construction techniques, too; this is going to be my best quilt yet, I think.

I finished the 2 side borders and got those put on today. Much faster without having to unsew all the parts, LOL! So far this quilt --- 3 bobbins used up, 15 seams ripped out, and about 10 to 12 hours of work if you count the cutting, piecing, seam ripping, sewing, etc. That's very rough estimate thus far, as I don't really time and all my time is sit down, sew a bit, get up, help someone with his math, sew some more, fix a snack for someone else, sew some more, help someone with an English question, remember what I was doing, go back to sew some more, realize I am hungry so stop and eat, etc. But it's coming together easily and quickly now that I've gotten 2 sides of border done.

Tomorrow I'll mess with getting the blue jeans ready and together, so I can see if I need to hit the resale shop on Saturday or not, and then depending on time hopefully will also cut all the pieces for the top/bottom border. I won't plan to start on that until the weekend. It's my birthday Saturday so I should get lots of time to sew :) If all goes well, still should have a finished top by the end of the weekend, and then all next week to quilt it. Our anniversary is the 18th, so would be *lovely* to get it done by then, maybe!! :)
Heather, a Texan living in Brasil

http://quiltingonawhim.blogspot.com.br/

Re: fun discovery -- Ricky, I owe you a huge thank you!! 10 Oct 2013 15:44 #111137

• twiglet
  • Thank you received: 536
Wow, this is going to be amazing :D

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Re: fun discovery -- Ricky, I owe you a huge thank you!! 10 Oct 2013 14:15 #111135

• lotti
  • Thank you received: 245
Loving this quilt. So fab!

Re: fun discovery -- Ricky, I owe you a huge thank you!! 10 Oct 2013 01:43 #111117

• Zarah
  • Thank you received: 30
I love how all your elements have meaning for your husband. You just get better and better. Thanks for telling us that it was not "just" a border :lol:

living in Central Denmark
Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Re: fun discovery -- Ricky, I owe you a huge thank you!! 09 Oct 2013 19:12 #111116

• djane
  • Thank you received: 37
ritzy wrote:
Heather--I think you can quit calling yourself a beginner.
I totally agree with Ritzy. Heather--your quilt is wonderful. I love the DNA strands today. Very appropriate for a chemist.

Re: fun discovery -- Ricky, I owe you a huge thank you!! 09 Oct 2013 18:53 #111115

• idaho
  • Thank you received: 183
:D :D :D

Re: fun discovery -- Ricky, I owe you a huge thank you!! 09 Oct 2013 18:01 #111112

• ritzy
  • Thank you received: 82
Heather--I think you can quit calling yourself a beginner.
Blessing from Northwest Indiana, USA

Re: fun discovery -- Ricky, I owe you a huge thank you!! 09 Oct 2013 14:01 #111107

• clhdabb
  • Thank you received: 67
I really like this quilt, Heather!

in 'Yes, I Know the Way to San Jose...', California, USA

Re: fun discovery -- Ricky, I owe you a huge thank you!! 09 Oct 2013 13:41 #111105

• Renata
  • Thank you received: 258
Color combination turned out really great, Heather, and I like what you designed for a border. :D

Re: fun discovery -- Ricky, I owe you a huge thank you!! 09 Oct 2013 13:21 #111102

thanks Norma! My husband is a chemist, so the border is elongated to more closely resemble a twisted DNA strand instead of a traditional chain. That's also why one is one color (changing from dark/med/light/med) and the other is the other color (in light/med/dark/med). I could do a solid black chain and applique the DNA strand in a more fluid manner, but I am applique adverse and wanted/needed the EQ7 to tell me if I had enough fabric or not.

And I only work fast on weekends :) Today so far I've gotten the unsewing done, but none of the resewing yet.....
Heather, a Texan living in Brasil

http://quiltingonawhim.blogspot.com.br/
Time to create page: 0.333 seconds