Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Message from Festival of Quilts!

01 Sep 2008 05:34 #25236

Speaking of Chocolate and Amsterdam. My son called Friday evening. He had just returned from a week's business trip to The Netherlands and he said he had some chocolate for us from Amsterdam. Not good when you are on a diet but can't disappoint my son. I'll sacrifice myself.
Last Edit: by sandytn.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

31 Aug 2008 21:51 #25228

Speaking of chocolates, I used to have a boss who lived in Amsterdam. When he would come to the head office, he would always bring us handmade chocolates that he bought from a little shop there. They were absolutely the best thing I've ever tasted in my entire life!!!
Last Edit: by MontanaGramma.

31 Aug 2008 20:31 #25222

• Lorchen
  • Thank you received: 50
Ali, even though - looking at my very ample proportions - I shouldn't, I admit that I love anything that has peanut butter in it. :)

As you know, I grew up in Germany, and taste in chocolates is somewhat varied across Europe. Here in the UK, milky chocolate seems to be the favourite. But I come from an area where the very dark, almost bitter, chocolate is much loved.

I used to have an Auntie in Brazil. She brought some locally made chocolate for me on one of her rare visits. It was just a large slap and must have weighed about two pounds. There was no manufacturers name on it. It was the most delicious stuff I had ever eating. I can still taste it now, and that was about 45 years ago.

Tante Mathilde also gave me a chunk of locally made and printed cotton fabric. The intention was for my mother to make it into a blouse for me, but she never got around to it. I have treasured that piece of fabric all these years, and I think that one of these days I should add a few fabrics to it and turn it into a quilt.

Lorchen
From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood
Last Edit: by Lorchen.

31 Aug 2008 17:20 #25211

• ritzy
  • Thank you received: 82
Never had English chocolate but I love Swiss milk chocolate.
Blessing from Northwest Indiana, USA
Last Edit: by ritzy.

31 Aug 2008 05:02 #25178

The Yanks and Brits quip made me laugh out loud too. Life is tough Lorchen, you're quite right :lol: . I wonder if the US ladies will like English chocolate, I think it depends what you've grown up eating, I have to take chocolate with me when I visit the US, but I do like Reese's peanut butter cups, they're yummy :) .

in central England
Last Edit: by alibeoley.

30 Aug 2008 21:10 #25168

Life is really tough when you're way over here and can't get Maltesers!!!!! :-) Okay that web site was hilarious - I loved the one that said they're made the same way Yanks & Brits are made :D
Last Edit: by MontanaGramma.

30 Aug 2008 19:39 #25163

• Lorchen
Oh dear, Ali, life is soooo tough, right!

Lorchen

30 Aug 2008 18:32 #25159

• Stinki
  • Thank you received: 3
U know, the maltsers sound alot like our "Whoppers" over here.... and those are yummy.

http://www.hersheys.com/products/details/whoppers.asp

Carla
Last Edit: by Stinki.

30 Aug 2008 17:22 #25158

Kettering and Corby? You went to some exciting places in the UK, Justin :shock: . Just make sure you come to Birmingham next time Ricky does, we missed you. If you want to know know how Maltesers are made and you want a laugh, try this website, the further down you read, the more bizarre and hilarious the suggestions: http://www.guardian.co.uk/notesandqueries/query/0,,-6315,00.html - and darn it Lorchen, I'm now going to have to go and buy some tomorrow :lol: .

in central England
Last Edit: by alibeoley.

28 Aug 2008 22:01 #25055

• WandaM
  • Thank you received: 2
Lorchen,
You are so sweet! Are there any American treats that you yearn for? Thanks again,
WandaM
Happy Quilting,

Shiner TX
Last Edit: by WandaM.

28 Aug 2008 20:35 #25053

• ritzy
  • Thank you received: 82
Lorchen, how sweet you are!
Blessing from Northwest Indiana, USA
Last Edit: by ritzy.

28 Aug 2008 18:44 #25052

The snail mail addy is sent to you Lorchen........and no, Justin cannot have my Malthesers....however, I probably might share with him..........if he were here. :twisted:

Dana in Olive Branch, MS
Last Edit: by dlquilter.

28 Aug 2008 16:18 #25047

• Lorchen
The pleasure is all mine. But I still need Wanda and Dana snail mail addresses, because if I send these Malthesers 'c/o Justin' I doubt they'll reach you. :)

Lorchen

28 Aug 2008 12:54 #25041

Scouser?? Is that near the Bronx lol?! How fun to get a treat from over the pond. Thanks so much Lorchen. I'll be sitting by the front window looking for the mailman. :lol:
Last Edit: by PattiSure.
Time to create page: 0.305 seconds