Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Justin Shults Fan Club

fractals 12 Jun 2008 07:56 #19832

If you check out the profile of TQS member stipplequilter you'll see six beautiful fractal quilts...amazing!
Last Edit: by Books53.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

11 Jun 2008 21:02 #19811

Count me in as a member of the JSFC also. :D I got to meet Justin last year at Houston. He is such a nice guy. I couldn't place his accent either... but I am pretty sure he didn't grow up in Texas.

So, I guess it is time for Justin to "fess up". Just where are you from? And how did you go about getting into the engineering field? Please allow me one more question. Who inspired you the most when you were young?

Another inquiring mind
Vicki in Oklahoma
Last Edit: by Fridlewoman.

11 Jun 2008 16:50 #19785

Justin is a real dear. I've had the pleasure of visiting with him at 4 Quilt Show tapings and we sure had him blushing the last time. :oops: He sure puts up with a lot of us in the audience. :lol:

I think this fan club is a wonderful idea!! A button would be cool!! Are we thinking small tack buttons? I have a button maker (badge-a-minit) and I would be pleased to make the buttons if we want to go that route.

Hey Justin, how were the sweet/hot pickles? Did you share? :wink: I'm ready to make up another batch and will bring some next visit.

Hugs,
Kelly in CO
Last Edit: by Koala58.

11 Jun 2008 16:27 #19780

Holy cow, I'm too busy to read the forum for a few weeks and look what I missed! Can I still be a charter member of the JSFC, please, please, pretty please?

Jorja

PS - I simply can't believe that 43 and change thing :shock: . I would have guessed 33 max. You should begin lying about your age, starting today.
Last Edit: by ljorja.

10 Jun 2008 21:53 #19730

PattiSure wrote:
Now if we go with the name I suggested for the fan club 'Justin Time' then the pin could be Justin on the face of a clock.

Patti, I like your idea for a "Justin Time" pin :D
Last Edit: by BBGirl.

10 Jun 2008 20:38 #19726

Now if we go with the name I suggested for the fan club 'Justin Time' then the pin could be Justin on the face of a clock.

Mandy, I just love how quilt oriented your husband is and you are next door to the fractal queen Rose Rusbrooke in Virginia
http://www.roserushbrooke.com/fractal-quilt-article.html
That came up from a quick scan but I think there was a Simply Quilts segment on her too
Last Edit: by PattiSure.

10 Jun 2008 17:28 #19713

mandysilk wrote:
Count me in on the fan club too Justin - your just soooo sweet - Ricky is so lucky :D As for the engineers, my dh is an engineer too, and a while back he came home with a whole bunch of fractile images he had printed up from a program at work and was asking me if I could make them into a quilt :shock: Another thing I would be curious to find out would be how many of us are involved with musicians, woodworkers, or artists of all types - I bet we find it is a lot of us.

Ooooo!!! Fractals made into a quilt would be COOL!! My son (computer programmer) would go nuts! :D
Last Edit: by Christi.

Justin Shults Fan Club 10 Jun 2008 14:49 #19705

Hey Justin, I've been a fan of yours before this club got started; but, you probably didn't even know that! I loved the Road Trip and the Oops! Two of our major OOPS! to our 36' 5th wheel years ago were my fault. :( Then we went to RV Driving School and I became the Back-up Queen! I can back anything up into any space! My DH is also an engineer (retired) and he doesn't quilt either! He loves to fly fish for trout. How's Mabel doing? Mary Anne in AZ
Last Edit: by DesertQuilter.

Justin Fan Club 10 Jun 2008 13:35 #19700

I volunteered myself as president of the fan club and listed my reasons why on the other thread but since everyone seems to be answering here, I will state it again. JUSTIN RULES. If somebody can come up with a cute idea for a pin or patch for club members, let me know and we will see what we can work out.

Actually I think there are a lot of engineers, woodworkers, artists, musicians, architects, etc out there in the quilting world. Wouldn't it be fun to have a place in the forum to list your profession or avocation that you think led you to quilting as a new profession, addiction or hobby? ( Dr. Bob web guru, is that even a possibility?)

But Justin we love you and hope to hear the "ouch" story from you one of these days. But as an RVer I can tell you they happen to the best. We will share "oops and ouch" stories the next time we meet.

Ann (Snowplow thanks to Justin!!!!!)
Last Edit: by snowplow3840.

10 Jun 2008 12:27 #19694

Count me in on the fan club too Justin - your just soooo sweet - Ricky is so lucky :D As for the engineers, my dh is an engineer too, and a while back he came home with a whole bunch of fractile images he had printed up from a program at work and was asking me if I could make them into a quilt :shock: Another thing I would be curious to find out would be how many of us are involved with musicians, woodworkers, or artists of all types - I bet we find it is a lot of us.
Last Edit: by mandysilk.

10 Jun 2008 08:00 #19675

Count me in also. Do we get an autographed photo? : :lol:
Last Edit: by ukquilter.

10 Jun 2008 07:50 #19673

• eileenkny
  • Thank you received: 109
You still haven't said where you're from.................when we met, I couldn't place the accent. It didn't sound like Texas but who am I to say?
eileenkny

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ
Last Edit: by eileenkny.

10 Jun 2008 00:16 #19663

What is it about engineers and quilting? Isn't John Flynn an engineer? My DH is an engineer, and I know many others have engineering spouses. Must be the straight lines and angles, or the curves, who knows?
Frances
Last Edit: by Franceslovesfabric.

09 Jun 2008 22:58 #19654

Hey Justin, I haven't met you yet but I sure want to join your fan club. You seem to be a really great guy!! I'm looking forward to meeting you and getting my 'Justin Fan Club' pin.
Carolyn
Last Edit: by CarolynArts.
Time to create page: 0.426 seconds