Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Postings disappearing?

Postings disappearing? 28 Apr 2017 01:19 #140871

Hello
Let me check that out. My initial response is most likely we can not restore everything due to the re-write of the website a few years ago. I will verify my response and do some research to see what we have now and what we had when we made the move to a new host earlier this year. More to come ~ Wendy
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Postings disappearing? 27 Apr 2017 23:23 #140870

• dfrank27
  • Thank you received: 2
Wendy,

This happened today. I received an email notification that you had posted in this category (I am following it) and I logged into the site so that I could browse.

I was trying to read forum topics (Quilters with disabilities, and I don't remember the others.) That is when I encountered the access denied messages.
As I switched to profiles, I was prompted to log in again. I had not logged out, and I had not left the site.

Hope this helps.

Diane Frank

Postings disappearing? 27 Apr 2017 21:48 #140869

Hi Diane - I have a couple of questions so I know what to check.
Is this a new experience? Did this just start happening?
What posts are you looking at?
Is your experience like this - you log on, read posts, go away for 10-15 minutes and when you come back you have to log on again?
Is this happening with other sites as well?
The more information I have the better.

Cheers Wendy

Postings disappearing? 27 Apr 2017 20:57 #140867

• dfrank27
  • Thank you received: 2
I am getting "access denied" messages when I try to read some posts on the forum. Also, I am having to login multiple times during a session. This is frustrating. I have been a paid member since the beginning. I don't get it!

Postings disappearing? 27 Apr 2017 20:00 #140865

• eileenkny
  • Thank you received: 109
This is probably trivial, but is there a way to restore how many posts each of us has actually done? Some had over 4 or 5 thousand!
Thanks!

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Postings disappearing? 27 Apr 2017 19:33 #140864

Hello - I have read through all the comments in this section - let me know if this sums it up in terms of what you want to know - response is in line:
Star for Star Members - We are in the planning stages of a new site - this is on the list of requirements.
ID Charter members - (those that have followed TQS since the beginning (thank you)) - on the list of requirements.
What happened to the Old Blogs? Yikes - they may be lost :( I have not been with TQS on the technical side long enough to know what happened or how the old blogs were structured and maintained. Let me do some research and see if the content is still available. May take a week or so as everyone is in Paducah (except me!), but I will find out.
What happened to the BOM Forums - restored - yippee!

If I have missed something - just let me know and I will do my best to get back to you~ cheers Wendy

Postings disappearing? 27 Apr 2017 18:27 #140863

• rehak
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 392
Thanks for bringing those back, Wendy!

Any word on the old blogs? None of our inquiries on that have been answered in a couple of years.

Postings disappearing? 27 Apr 2017 14:42 #140862

Hello - the Block of the Month Forums are back :) My apologies for the loss in the first place. When we migrated TQS to a new host, we realized the vast quantity of content on TQS was hindering our migration. We made the decision to delete files "we thought" were no longer in us. Files that had not been recently accessed were removed. Since that time we have upgraded the servers and made other changes to "speed things up". Based on your comments we have restored all the content in the Forums. Thank you for your patience and please know - we are listening! Cheers Wendy

Postings disappearing? 24 Apr 2017 12:57 #140833

Hi Wendy
Thanks for the Clarification on what has gone missing. I will research the BOM Forums on my end (behind the scenes) and see what I can find. It may take a couple of days... but I will respond!

Cheers Wendy G
The following user(s) said Thank You: NanaPie

Postings disappearing? 24 Apr 2017 06:51 #140832

• rehak
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 392
Thanks for responding, Wendy. You mention "blogs" in your response. There are two parts of the TQS Web site that have disappeared. What people are talking about recently are the forum posts that disappeared recently. All of the older forum posts, whether about BOMs or on other topics, disappeared after a recent Web site problem. All of these old posts were useful, but most especially the BOMs which is why they have gotten special attention. I have seen TQS use the existence of these forums and old information in their marketing, so it seems even TQS recognizes the importance of these.

The other thing that disappeared were the blogs when the Web site was switched over several years ago. At that time, TQS said they would work on adding the blogs back into the site or, if they weren't able to do that, they would give us access to the text of our old blogs so we could save them somewhere else. Neither of these things ever happened so those of us who contributed to the Web site in the form of blogs lost all of our work and our quilting history. For example, I lost all of the history and thoughts that went into the making of a quilt that was very important to me made from a tablecloth that belonged to my mother, designed before her death, finished after her death and a ribbon winner at two national shows including Houston. It would mean a huge amount to me to get those writings back!
The following user(s) said Thank You: dfrank27, luvquilting, kfstitcher

Postings disappearing? 24 Apr 2017 06:48 #140831

• eileenkny
  • Thank you received: 109
I heard from Wendy (grandedesign) overnight, asking what posts we may be talking about. Since the BOMs are being addressed here, this was my reply:

"What has also concerned many members is this: there are many of us who have been here from the beginning and our posts from 2007 forward have disappeared. One day they were there, and poof, the next day they were gone. It may seem like a small thing, but there are many conversations we’ve had over the years that are now gone."

Hopefully, we'll get some resolution soon.

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ
The following user(s) said Thank You: dfrank27

Postings disappearing? 24 Apr 2017 06:35 #140830

• NanaPie
  • Thank you received: 145
First of all, thank you John for following up on my request. And thank you Wendy for your response as a result. Twiglet could not have responded to it better. We were all cautioned by TQS to download the monthly patterns for each year's BOM at the end of each year, which we did. But during the year of each BOM, there were questions and answers to everyone's construction, cutting fabric, and direction queries. This would happen as each month's pattern was released because members were jumping in and making whichever quilt was being featured. Even sewing machine settings were discussed. There were hundreds and hundreds of questions and answers for each BOM from TQS members and many answers from the designers themselves. If I had had any clue that they would be gone I would have printed them out. I sincerely hope that they can be restored. Most importantly, by getting a response, I hope there is a way to get those forum postings back. John and you have restored my faith in TQS, and that you are listening to our requests. Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: luvquilting

Postings disappearing? 24 Apr 2017 03:19 #140829

• twiglet
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 534
Just looked and there isn't a 2017 BOM group separate from the classrooms this year. Lucky there's the forum, lots going on there :)

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Postings disappearing? 24 Apr 2017 03:14 #140828

• twiglet
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 534
Thank you it's good to know it's being looked at. Where we have shared problem solving tips and solutions to pattern problems are in the BOM area of the forum and these are the ones where postings have gone containing vital interpretation from other members. We're human and don't always read the patterns properly also we do things like making them half size so all the calculations worked out by another member are there.
thequiltshow.com/forum/block-of-the-month-bom

It's not the pattern, instruction or video going that's causing distress, we all know they go.

Thank you, it's appreciated to know we're listened to.

Mug rugger and lounge lizard
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds