Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New Site Update After Opening

New Site Update After Opening 16 Nov 2014 07:55 #123424

• loise98
  • Thank you received: 267
idaho wrote:
I've just come on from my mail ..Windows Live Mail...by clicking on the notification....no log-in....but the
notification gives me the whole message anyway....wouldn't have to come on to know what's there/here...
part of the redundancy I mention somewhere before :whistle: .....Nice not to have to log-in every time. I check by clicking on a show to make sure sometimes ! :blink:

Same for me. However, I usually click to read the messages on the website. I want to see all your lovely faces. :) :) :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reetzbobeetz

New Site Update After Opening 15 Nov 2014 22:44 #123417

I'm going to have to request patience on the forum and community features. We will make them a high priority after we fix the membership system. (Bob is working all weekend totally remaking our membership system which had an unfixable failure on launch.) We want the new communication parts of the site to be a very special part of your experience with TQS and promise to learn, fix and teach the new features very soon.
Livermore, California, USA near San Francisco
The following user(s) said Thank You: luvquilting, ritzy, kfstitcher, RGold, Lorna1021, twiglet, clhdabb, PosyP, Renata, Reetzbobeetz and this user have 1 others thankyou

New Site Update After Opening 15 Nov 2014 16:15 #123405

• ritzy
  • Thank you received: 82
Reetzbobeetz wrote:
Do you mean that you don't have to click 'login' every time you come come onto TQS? It is remembering my email and my password but I still have to login. I am also finding that sometimes even when I have logged out I am still logged in when I come back next time - other times I am not. It does not seem to be consistent. :huh:

Yep--this is what is happening at my house.
Blessing from Northwest Indiana, USA

New Site Update After Opening 15 Nov 2014 16:12 #123404

• rehak
  • Thank you received: 392
Since I'm on a private laptop, I leave the tab on my browser and just click on the tab when I want to look for TQS activity. On the old web site, I'd have to re-log in if I'd been away for a little while. The browser would have saved my user name and password, but I'd have to click login and, depending on where I had been, click back over to my location. With the new site, I've been good to go most of the time. I still have the browser remembering my user name and password so I don't have to type them in if I get logged out, but I'm not getting logged out. It's great!!

New Site Update After Opening 15 Nov 2014 16:12 #123403

• ritzy
  • Thank you received: 82
I saw that and I sent a message to'System Admin' and I did not get a reply yet. That was one of my frustrations on this new site,among others... the fact that some button don't work (can't accept friends on the first page, I have to make the little window appear otherwise it just won't work), the photo did not follow, etc... I'll try to fin them - I know I kept them -and upload them again.

Yep--this is what happens to me. :S
Blessing from Northwest Indiana, USA

New Site Update After Opening 15 Nov 2014 14:39 #123397

• idaho
  • Thank you received: 183
I've just come on from my mail ..Windows Live Mail...by clicking on the notification....no log-in....but the
notification gives me the whole message anyway....wouldn't have to come on to know what's there/here...
part of the redundancy I mention somewhere before :whistle: .....Nice not to have to log-in every time. I check by clicking on a show to make sure sometimes ! :blink:

New Site Update After Opening 15 Nov 2014 13:27 #123394

Do you mean that you don't have to click 'login' every time you come come onto TQS? It is remembering my email and my password but I still have to login. I am also finding that sometimes even when I have logged out I am still logged in when I come back next time - other times I am not. It does not seem to be consistent. :huh:

New Site Update After Opening 15 Nov 2014 11:19 #123390

• rehak
  • Thank you received: 392
I LOVE that new feature! :) :) :) I've only logged in a couple of times since the new Web site was launched.

New Site Update After Opening 15 Nov 2014 10:01 #123389

• idaho
I've been being "remembered" too...for most of the last 2 or 3 days.. :woohoo:

New Site Update After Opening 15 Nov 2014 06:32 #123374

My newsletters disappeared a while back too. Since I have two different email addresses (one I use when ordering online), I went into my TQS profile and changed to my Gmail address. That worked and I started receiving the newsletters again.

New Site Update After Opening 15 Nov 2014 04:39 #123368

• PosyP
  • Thank you received: 360
I don't have any problem with newsletters not turning up, but am finding that I don't have to log in multiple time a day any more, I just stay logged in all the time B)

Embroideress Extrordinaire & Mad Hatter

New Site Update After Opening 14 Nov 2014 21:54 #123358

• gynconnie
  • Thank you received: 27
My Newsletter disappeared some time ago as well. I always assumed that it was my email carrier bouncing it back, but maybe not...

from the Piedmont of North Carolina

New Site Update After Opening 14 Nov 2014 18:45 #123343

• Lorchen
  • Thank you received: 50
Marilyn, yet another potential topic for a challenge quilt: "Patience". :)

I sooooo hope 'they' remember that we are quilters, not IT techniceans.
From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

New Site Update After Opening 14 Nov 2014 18:22 #123336

• idaho
I liked the newsletters...but like you I lost 'em a while back....Irish...Idahoan..Hummmmmmm? :S
Same notion here re: Privacy stuff....why a choice if it' meaningless? I'm really a computer novice
and wish for simplicity ..not multiple entrys and same info in more than one place...I know...patience !
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds